Snow gates in Scotland (2023 Update)

Alt.home.repair is about DIY. You don't pay someone to do something you can do yourself for a tenth of the price.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They're 2 IQ points higher than a Merkin. China/Japan are the most intelligent.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Fuck off.

And again. And you misspelt seemsto.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That's not due to intelligence, but because you lot are f****ng boring! Analyzing a language is just stupid. Do something worthwhile with your time.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

But it wasnt china or japan that produced the most dramatic advances in modern science and medicine.

Reply to
chop

Pan doesn't recognize either even if I set it to en_GB.

Reply to
rbowman

I probably added it and misspelt it. I've got both in now.

What pisses me off is it doesn't recognise words like doesn't if someone has used a weird apostrophe.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Learn how to set up a killfile properly you idiot. Why are you seeing replies to my posts if you've killfiled me?

Somebody reply to this so the moron sees it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Here you go.

Reply to
Lance Boyle

YOu probably won't see this because the thread is so old, and I may not see any answer because two posts here are sorted out of order for me and that may not continue to happen, but....

When I was in Mexico and Central America and someone offered me a cigarette (in 1971) I would say "No fumar". It took me weeks to realize that meant "No smoking". I'd seen it on signs in gas stations. Would you like a cigarette? Thank you, no smoking!

Then I switched to No fumo, with an accent above the o and the stress on that second syllable, mo. It took several days to realize that meant "He didn't smoke".

Finally I switched to No fumo, with the stress on fu. It didn't sound like Spanish to me, but it means "I don't smoke".

I'm sure I was amusing to many people who heard me say the first two.

Reply to
micky

I prefer the first option.

Reply to
Scott

The newest thread when sorting by date is the one with the newest post. Well it is on a decent newsreader.

Only to OCD Spaniards. I don't laugh when a foreigner says "yes I is wanting to apples eaten". It's quite clear he wants to eat some apples.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Treehugger.

Reply to