Phablet stocking stuffers: iPhone 7 versus LG Stylo 3 Plus price/performance hardware comparison

He who is Carlos E.R. said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 22:12:08 +0100:

Just read the references from the very same people who broke the news in the first place, where it's clear to all but the Apple Apologists that the secret slowdown is permanent and drastic!

Reddit 1:

Reddit 2:

Reddit 3:

Oh wait. Facts are anathema to you Apple Apologists. You hate facts.

Reply to
harry newton

He who is Carlos E.R. said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 22:10:51 +0100:

You are apologizing for Apple having implemented a secret, permanent, and drastic slowdown of the CPU when the user updates their iOS release.

Reply to
harry newton

He who is nospam said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 16:06:29 -0500:

C'mon nospam. You think I don't know what the reported slowdowns are? I never ask an open question that I don't already know the answer to.

Tell us, what is the reported slowdown? HINT: The slowdown is utterly HUGE!

Let's see if you can tell the truth for the first time ever.

Here's the app that people are reporting from: CPUdasher X

What is the typical speeds and then the reported slowdown speeds for:

  • iPhone 6 (non slowed down CPU is 1400MHz) (Guess what the slowed speed is!)
  • iPhone 6s (non slowed down CPU is 1848MHz) (Guess what the slowed speed is!)
  • iPhone SE (the reddit posts say this is probably the same as the above)
  • iPhone 7 (non slowed down CPU is 2350MHz) (Guess what the slowed speed is!)

C'mon nospam. Tell us what the reported slowed down speeds are! HINT: I know this answer - which is why I know it's drastic.

Reply to
harry newton

He who is Carlos E.R. said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 22:13:04 +0100:

This is exactlyh what JF Mezei said: "Until you provide evidence that thsi is "permanent", please stop using that word."

What does he expect to happen? A battery fairy is going to magically undo what Apple considers a deteriorated battery?

When a house burns down, nobody has to tell the owners it's drastic and permanent (for that house). They just don't. Only the Apple Apologists need to be told that, because they consider it not drastic and not permanent because you 'can' replace the house.

Sure, you can replace the battery.

But until you do so, the slowdown related to simply updating the iOS version was secret and still is drastic and permanent (for that battery).

Only you Apple Apologists play these childishly silly semantic games. Why? You tell me why.

I think you just don't like to hear the truth.

Reply to
harry newton

not only do i think that, but i *know* you don't know what really happens with ios, along with so much more.

i have several iphones, going back to the very first iphone from 10 years ago (which still works), and there is no drastic slowdown.

in some cases, upgrading ios made it *faster*.

Reply to
nospam

redit is not a reference of anything.

Reply to
nospam

He who is Carlos E.R. said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 22:14:34 +0100:

All my phones have replaceable batteries - but some of my gift phones do not (since the kids like their iPhones and iPads).

Just like the four phones I just bought each can hold a 2 terabyte expansion card, they have FM radios, and they have removable batteries.

None of that is even possible on Apple equipment.

So it's a huge compromise in hardware any time you buy any Apple device.

Reply to
harry newton

He who is nospam said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 17:40:06 -0500:

I knew you wouldn't dare to state how utterly drastic the huge slowdowns are as reported by the CPU Dasher X app.

You Apple Apologists always try to skirt the truth with semantics.

HINT: The secret permanent slowdowns reported are utterly HUGE!

Reply to
harry newton

He who is nospam said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 17:40:07 -0500:

Spoken like a true Apple Apologist!

Those Reddit references are the basis that directly caused Apple themselves to admit that what the Reddit owners found was, in fact, what Apple did.

Apple secretly, permanently, and drastically slowed down the users' CPUs.

In addition, there are a few lawsuits already filed, clearly and obviously claiming direct harm, which are also based on what those Reddit references unveiled and which Apple admitted.

So it's with a smile that I see you Apple Apologists try to negate the factual value of what Apple themselves have already admitted.

It's funny - but you Apple Apologists will deny anything, even what Apple was already forced to admit was true.

Reply to
harry newton

reddit is a forum.

it is not a reference of any type, for anything.

it's easy to file a lawsuit.

what matters is who prevails if it goes to court. it may not.

Reply to
nospam

benchmark apps are irrelevant in normal day to day use.

you also don't understand what the numbers actually *mean*.

Reply to
nospam

He who is nospam said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 18:19:58 -0500:

If the lawsuit has no merit, it will be thrown out quickly.

Let's see what happens because the lawsuits I saw allege direct harm caused by Apple for the express purpose of causing secret, drastic, and permanent harm.

Let's come back to this discussion when the lawsuits have worked their way through the system.

There are currently 8 class action lawsuits already filed in U.S. District Courts in California, New York and Illinois, all alleging intentional harm by Apple to its customers.

A similar case was filed in Israeli courts:

The fact that it's so obviously secret, permanent, and drastic intentional harm by Apple to the customers will be interesting to see how this plays out in court.

Reply to
harry newton

He who is nospam said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 18:19:59 -0500:

The CPU is secretly, permanently, and drastically slowed down. You are trying to apologize your way around that fact.

Reply to
harry newton

or it goes to court and the plaintiff loses.

Reply to
nospam

absolutely false

Reply to
nospam

Bought a iPhone 5s last year. $160. Endless updating. I don't like the WiFi search. Sometimes it skips stations. When my IPhone switches to 3G it really slows down, where my old Motorola worked fine on 3G, 3G only phone. iPhone takes good pictures. Speed seems irrelevant for my needs. I can print from IPhone, not my androids. I wan to install FTP and see what files I can see and transfer. I'm currently using old IPad, but usually use Samsung Note tablet.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

On 12/24/2017 12:01 PM, harry newton wrote: (Snip, snip, snip)

I come from a time when the phone had a cord and a bell and a rotary dial. No answering machine or voice mail either. I upgraded to a flip phone a few years ago and that's working plenty good enough, and it's easy to carry. A neighbor gave me an old smart phone and I've got "Torque" and "Freenav" for a couple of apps. I haven't activated service on it and now I'm wondering now if I will. Time and technology march on, sometimes without me. Disclaimer, I'll be 70 next year and getting kinda old and wear Velcro shoes.

Reply to
My 2 Cents

Or maybe iApple was trying to extend iBattery life?

Hank Jones

That's what they will claim. But if that were the motive, any company with any brains at all would have given customers the choice of whether they want to have their phones slowed down to extend battery life. Make it an option in the software. That gives the customer the choice. Instead, Apple crippled their phones, sure sounds like they did it to sell more phones to me. Also, in doing so, they changed the product that the customer had agreed to purchase, after the fact. The customer wasn't told someday in the future, we may decide to reprogram your phone, to make is slower, so that the battery will last longer. How would a car buyer react if they were told that GM just updated their car so it can only go 55 now, but it will last longer?

Reply to
trader_4

I got an idea! Let's make phones with customer-replaceable batteries.

Reply to
Earl Links