Phablet stocking stuffers: iPhone 7 versus LG Stylo 3 Plus price/performance hardware comparison

On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 05:38:58 -0600, My 2 Cents wrote in

Me too. I don't even own a cell phone. None at all.

Reply to
CRNG

He who is nospam said on Wed, 27 Dec 2017 01:53:28 -0500:

The beauty of the court system is that Apple won't have the Apple Apologists (excepting their own lawyers) illogical point of view.

We can hope and assume we have a dispassionate Judge who will look at the cases on their merits.

To date, there are nine (9) USA court filings according to the news today:

One is asking for $999,999,999,000. :) Count 01: Fraud through Concealment Count 02: Unfair Competition under California Business and Professions Code

+AKc- 17200 et seq.

Verbatim quote: "...*Defendant intentionally slowed down* the performance of older iPhone models *through iOS updates* or otherwise; whether *Defendant intentionally concealed* material information from Class members; whether Defendant's conduct was the direct and proximate cause of the *damages suffered* by Class members; whether the Plaintiff and Class suffered monetary damages as a result of Defendant's conduct; whether Defendant violated California Business and Professions Code +AKc-17200 et seq.; whether punitive damages should be awarded to Plaintiff and Class."

The ninth Class action lawsuit filed against Apple was filed by Raisa Drantivy in the Eastern District Court of New York with six causes listed: Cause 01: Breach of Implied Contract Cause 02: Trespass to Chattel Cause 03: Fraud Cause 04: Misrepresentation Cause 05: Deceptive Business Acts and Practices Cause 06: False Advertising

Reply to
harry newton

...trolls lying in court about what transpired.

Reply to
nospam

If you bought a Ford car, would it be OK with you if Ford downloaded a new software load into the car, so that it's top speed is now 55, but they say it's so that your car will now last longer? Or like most people would you be pissed?

Reply to
trader_4

He who is nospam said on Wed, 27 Dec 2017 10:10:17 -0500:

Apple cut the speeds in half of the phones.

That's a drastic way to save money by not having to replace their defective batteries under warranty. Especially for a device people paid a premium for to have those highly advertised speeds (which were cut in half, secretly).

If the batteries are so defective that Apple has to secretly and permanently cut the speed of the phone in half just to prevent Apple from having to incur the cost to replace the batteries under warranty - then the court case has merit.

Harm was done (the speeds were cut in half for heaven's sake!)

All because Apple's defective batteries couldn't handle the advertised processor speed.

Remember, it's Apple who says that the batteries last over 500 charges with

80% capacity so why did they cut the speeds in half when their batteries didn't live up to their own claims?

Clearly Apple chose to hide the defect by secretly, permanently, and drastically cutting speeds (in half!).

"After replacing the battery, Geekbench showed that the scores had nearly doubled."

Reply to
harry newton

My problem with smart phones is how delicate they are. Bump one the wrong way and you break the screen. My Convoy flip phone will bounce down the highway and still work.

Reply to
gfretwell

My current flip-phone has 3 buttons (volume and camera) on the outside. When the flip is closed, none of these buttons do anything other that activate the display. No pocket dialing. No pocket talking. No cheek dialing either.

[snip]
Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I really miss the old sturdy phenolic dial phones. They came with nice little hammers attached by a curly cord so you could beat the damn thing to death when it became too annoying.

Reply to
rbowman

A camera? That must be a high end model. My LG originates and receives voice and text calls, end of story. I think it may have a calculator, maybe not. The drawback is when you're broken down in the middle of nowhere with no signal there are no games to amuse yourself with until someone comes along in a day or two.

Reply to
rbowman

You don't have facts. You are the apologist. I don't like Apple, so you lie.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

It is you who talks about "battery fairy". Nobody else does.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

"Permanently" means that after battery replacement, the slowdown would still be there. This is untrue, so the slowdown is not permanent. Thus you lie.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

Even very modest, entry level, flip phones have had cameras for over a decade.

Reply to
trader_4

No, I don't. I support the decision as sound engineering, based in my experience as engineer. All devices should use the same technique.

I don't apologize. I don't ask for pardon.

I'm not biased. You are. You don't stop posting thread after thread against apple. Disgusting. You are unable to recognize facts.

Then it is not permanent. Replace with a new battery and machine goes back to initial top speed. So not permanent.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

I don't buy any Apple device. Never.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

My wife is still using her first cell phone, a Motorola V188 flip.

2004. Same deal.
Reply to
Vic Smith

He who is Carlos E.R. said on Wed, 27 Dec 2017 20:31:03 +0100:

Heh heh ... you're presented with referenced facts, which you hate. So you claim that the facts aren't facts. And then you claim everyone else but you is an iOS apologists.

Even as you are exhibiting the classic fact-hating traits of all the iOS apologists.

Why do iOS apologists incessantly fabricate fictional iOS functionality?

Reply to
harry newton

He who is Carlos E.R. said on Wed, 27 Dec 2017 20:34:51 +0100:

What's funny about you iOS apologists is you play silly semantic games because you can't converse about facts like a normal adult would.

Everyone knows that all the articles say that the only solution is to replace the battery - so your argument is just a childish way of telling the world that you are desperately trying to find something, anything, that is wrong about the facts.

Why can't you just admit what everyone else already knows. You iOS apologists hate facts.

Why do iOS apologists incessantly fabricate fictional iOS functionality?

Reply to
harry newton

He who is Carlos E.R. said on Wed, 27 Dec 2017 20:32:27 +0100:

Anyone who claims that the secret drastic slowdown isn't permanent believes in the battery fairy - because that's the only way it's not permanent for any given battery.

Reply to
harry newton

He who is Carlos E.R. said on Wed, 27 Dec 2017 20:41:13 +0100:

You Apple Apologists never provide references for *anything* you say.

You forget that we already provided references quoting material science professors saying that there is no way Apple should have done this unless they were trying to mask defective batteries or batteries unable to handle the load that they were advertised to handle.

The iPhone batteries "clearly came with intolerable performance decay."

To secretly and permanently cut a phone's CPU do less than half the originally bought speed, merely due to an update in iOS, is what the lawsuits will bring up in court.

Those are facts which only you iOS apologists can possibly deny.

Childish semantic games are always the same for all you iOS apologists.

Reply to
harry newton