Phablet stocking stuffers: iPhone 7 versus LG Stylo 3 Plus price/performance hardware comparison

He who is nospam said on Mon, 25 Dec 2017 23:30:40 -0500:

You Apple Apologists come up with the best "I didn't inhale" excuses for when Apple breaks connectivity to Linux which Apple themselves says they won't support so they don't test anything with Linux in the real world.

There's an entire thread on this topic where you got your head handed to you because you make up such silly things that it was all Linux' fault because Apple released softwaqre that broke everything and then didn't even bother to respond to their own customer's support requests - saying only that the real world is "not supported".

The only world Apple supports is inside the walled garden. That's a fact.

Reply to
harry newton

He who is nospam said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 00:59:05 -0500:

You Apple Apologists sure are a funny lot. You can't comprehend the simplest of obvious facts.

There are very many posts where people complain incessantly that each successive iOS release slows down their phone drastically.

How do you iOS Apologists miss the most obvious things on the net?

Click this link for heaven's sake.

Reply to
harry newton

He who is rbowman said on Mon, 25 Dec 2017 21:33:36 -0700:

I have an S3 which is so old that I can get backs for it for $1 in single-unit increments.

That's great because I have a 7,000mAh battery and external chargers for all my additional normal-sized batteries, such that I keep a battery in each car's glovebox, along with a corresponding back.

I just bought 4 LG Stylo 3 Plus phablets, all with a removable battery.

To me, the battery is what kills the phone - not anything else.

A non-removable battery (using the typical terms) on a phone makes the iPhone nearly worthless as a long-term tool.

Reply to
harry newton

the reason is because after a new ios upgrade, the system is rebuilding caches, reindexing files, etc.

performance will improve after the caches are rebuilt, and more so after all of the background processing is complete, at which point, everything is back to normal.

except that the (inaccurate) first impressions remain. nobody checks the performance a week later.

Reply to
nospam

I've had a lot of phones and I've never seen one speed up a week after an os install or factory reset. Sounds like any excuse will do.

Reply to
trader_4

rammar Stuff until I took a foreign

chool; until then I made it up (correctly, as it

ed out) as I went along :-)

I'm not perfect, but m y English grammar is pretty good. Like you, I learned mo st of it in my high school Latin class.

Reply to
Ken Blake

French and Spanish, pretty much the same. Latin, same stuff, just lots more endings and odd new stuff like pronouncing Venus Way-noose :-) How did Mr. Bregoli know?

If you read a lot I think you pick up the rules subliminally. You also pick up vocabulary. How many kids still read books besides Harry Potter and Game of Thrones?

Reply to
The Real Bev

We are not Apple Apologists.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

Almost every system upgrade of any operating system makes the machine slower, simply because they have new features, they are bigger, use more memory, and sometimes they run more default tasks on background. So it is expected and normal that after an upgrade machines feel slower. Drastically slower, no.

Sometimes they run faster because they managed to optimize things.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

Many Android phones also have non-replaceable batteries. This is unfortunate, but also batteries last longer than say, 5 years ago.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

He who is Carlos E.R. said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 20:36:35 +0100:

When you just pop in a battery like I do, so that you always keep a few charging on the wall with external battery chargers, you'll begin to appreciate that a consumer-removable battery is a luxury that greatly adds to the life of the phone.

Even nospam has been arguing that run-down batteries decrease the life of the phone.

To me, any phone with a non-removable battery sure had better be almost free, to be worth the restriction.

Reply to
harry newton

He who is Carlos E.R. said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 20:33:49 +0100:

You Apple Apologists are funny people. Have you even looked at the SIZE of the slowdown? It's drastic. It's huge. It's phenomenally large.

Even Apple has admitted it.

Apple secretly, drastically, and permanently slows down phone CPUs with each iOS update.

The best solution is to do what I've always done. Don't update to the next iOS release.

That's the best speed trick ever.

Reply to
harry newton

He who is nospam said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 09:53:03 -0500:

Except that Apple has admitted it permanently, drastically, and secretly slowed down the very CPU in the Apple 6's and 7's with successive iOS updates.

So people who complained that their CPU slowed down were correct.

Reply to
harry newton

He who is Carlos E.R. said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 20:29:25 +0100:

Anyone who insists that a dying battery will magically be rejuvenated by the battery fairy, which is essentially what he was claiming by requesting someone to find the word "permanent" in the description.

It's like someone's house burns down and he wants the word "permanent" in front of it, as in it's "permanently burned down".

Everyone but the Apple Apologists seem to understand that there is no battery fairy. Hence only the Apple Apologists require the word 'permanent in front of the words "the only way to solve the problem is to put in a new battery", which is what all the articles are stating.

Reply to
harry newton

the new features might be slower, but the baseline performance will be roughly the same, sometimes faster. ios 9 was noticeably faster than ios 8 overall, for example.

the point is that after an upgrade, internal caches and indexes must be rebuilt, which takes time, except that it's during that time the user is noticing a slowdown, both because of the background processing to rebuild and because the caches and indexes are missing or incomplete

once all of that is done, everything is back to normal, but they've already decided the upgrade is slower.

yes.

Reply to
nospam

absolutely false.

Reply to
nospam

Yeah, sure. I don't have any Apple thing, never had, I don't like Apple, yet as I call you wrong, you say I'm an apologist. Yeah, sure. Proof that you are entirely wrong.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

False, as stated there.

Yes, but not you.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

Nobody is saying that.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

I know very well how good are replaceable batteries. But most phones don't have one.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.