Phablet stocking stuffers: iPhone 7 versus LG Stylo 3 Plus price/performance hardware comparison

True, they learn who is boinking who through Facebook.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Okay, I'm a hater starting with you. May the horse you rode in on step on your new iPhone X.

Reply to
rbowman

I managed to fill the iShuffle's 2GB with acceptable music. Why would I ever revisit it rather than use one of my other MP3 players that have much higher capacities? Anyway if I did, there are several applications:

rbowman

That's "boinking WHOM", you ignorant cretin!

Reply to
The Real Bev

many reasons, including smart playlists, regular playlists, arbitrary groupings, automatic syncing so you don't need to manage everything yourself as well as many other things.

itunes is one of the most popular apps on *windows* because of all of the functionality it offers, and unlike a mac, it's *not* bundled, so windows users have to actually go download and install it themselves.

Reply to
nospam

Inglish makes my brane hert.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I do fine with random play, thank you. I don't need the 'walking the dog' or 'taking out the garbage' play list. If someone like the iTunes interface, more power to them. I found it clumsy and since I don't purchase music through iTunes that isn't a factor. Syncing a Shuffle is of little use since the thing if completely full with its limited storage. It is handy in the gym where I can clip it on my t-shirt and that's it's sole function in my life.

Other than straight MP3 players I use the Kindle Fire. Between the Prime selections and the music I buy through Amazon it provides all of the above.

Reply to
rbowman

it does that too.

there is no requirement to purchase music with itunes. you can use your own music, from whatever source, even pirated music.

in fact, you can gain amnesty for pirated music using itunes match, where it will give you legal non-drm 256kbit versions for whatever you already have, regardless of its source or quality (although if it's

*really* shitty quality, the matching won't work).

actually syncing a shuffle is very useful *because* it's limited. otherwise, you could put everything on it.

sync whatever you want to hear, which can even be automated simply by plugging the shuffle into the computer.

exercising is one of the main use cases for a shuffle, where people won't want to (or can't) fuss with choosing music on a display. it's also small and won't get in the way.

different tools for different jobs.

ok.

Reply to
nospam

He who is The Real Bev said on Sun, 24 Dec 2017 22:17:44 -0800:

I don't think I've seen a lump of coal in decades! Merry Christmas!

Reply to
harry newton

He who is rbowman said on Sun, 24 Dec 2017 23:46:47 -0700:

I also have Ubuntu 16.04, where, thankfully, the iTunes abomination won't run natively.

The problem I have with Linux is that Apple never tests their software in the real world, saying that it's "not supported", so they break connectivity for millions of users even when going from something as minor as iOS version 7.0.0 to iOS 7.0.1.

Apple doesn't care about the real world.

Reply to
harry newton

He who is nospam said on Mon, 25 Dec 2017 13:02:12 -0500:

The main problem with iTunes bloatware is that it's *restrictive*. It won't let you copy any mP3 song from any iPod to anywhere else.

Luckily a 100KByte older SharePod executable on the iPod solves that.

Reply to
harry newton

He who is rbowman said on Mon, 25 Dec 2017 12:32:37 -0700:

A play list is just a text file. The free SharePod does playlists just fine.

In fact, every music management program I've ever used has play lists. There's nothing special for play lists in iTunes bloatware.

Reply to
harry newton

He who is Ed Pawlowski said on Mon, 25 Dec 2017 13:47:57 -0500:

Whenever I see someone type "who" for "whom", it hurts my eyes.

The funny thing is that everyone already knows how to use who and whom correctly since it follows the same rules as does he and him, she and her, they and them, etc.

All personal pronouns follow the same rules.

So all you have to do is remember "him goes with whom" (and that "he goes with him").

Pop Quiz! Which sentence is correct? a. True, they learn he is boinking he through Facebook. b. True, they learn him is boinking he through Facebook. c. True, they learn he is boinking him through Facebook.

Reply to
harry newton

BUT people who grew up in certain areas, or whose parents did, will in certain circumstances use constructions like "Him and John went to the movies" even though they are college-educated and NOT stupid; they just can't break the habit even though they KNOW better.

Our friend, whose parents were from OK, asked us to tell him whenever he did it. We finally gave up. 65-year habits are hard to break without a more compelling reason than the vague desire to be more grammatical.

Reply to
The Real Bev

nonsense.

irrelevant.

your $130 phone is not a 'generic iphone' without apple branding.

you truly are an idiot.

and i've said many times, dxo reviews can be bought and their scores are considered to be meaningless by many people (check dpreview for specifics).

a bigger problem is that they claim things that are physically and mathematically impossible with the underlying hardware, such as a higher dynamic range than the sensor and a/d can actually do (several nikon slrs).

those who understand the technology and use various cameras (not just cellphone cameras) can see just what a joke dxo actually is.

the fact you cling to it shows just how ignorant you are.

Reply to
nospam

no it isn't

Reply to
nospam

no, that's not the main problem. in fact, that isn't even a problem at all.

you need to stop talking about things you don't understand.

Reply to
nospam

He who is The Real Bev said on Mon, 25 Dec 2017 14:42:17 -0800:

We all make typos and speakos - and we even make thinkos.

But if it happens all the time - then it's just stupidity since nobody is ever taught in their grade school English class to use personal pronouns incorrectly.

Pop Quiz: a. "Him and him went to the movies" a. "Him and he went to the movies" a. "He and he went to the movies"

My point is that the beauty of personal prounouns is that we already know how to use them. I do understand your point though, which is sometimes we don't know how to use them.

For example, when someone asks if it's you on the phone, you respond: a. "This is I" b. "This is he" c. "This is him"

Even I have to think twice to get that right. Do you?

Reply to
harry newton

He who is nospam said on Mon, 25 Dec 2017 17:48:18 -0500:

I take that comment as rather humorous, given your posting history.

Reply to
harry newton

what's humorous is you once again, snip everything to alter context.

it's what you do when shown to be wrong.

Reply to
nospam