OT: my adventure at the post office and viruses transmission

Hi All,

We have a little post office, which I adore. Seems to me the problems with the post office are all confined to those large Mega post offices.

Well, yesterday I had a bunch of things to mail to customers and got there first in line when they opened. Well, now they are foolishly requiring face masks to enter. I told him sorry I did not have one. So he said, no problem, I will give you one, which he did. Nice of him.

Buttttttttt..... He did not wash his hands before giving it to me. So whatever viruses he has or viruses on surfaces he was touching are now on my face. Thank you so much.

So no clue, but his job probably depended on spreading viruses. And what ever mail he touched from others got added to the fray. He became an unwitting super spreader. And everyone else in the line who got a free mask got exposed too (most were not wearing masks).

And folks in line behind me were plenty mad about it too. Those paper masks DO NOT stop viruses, but everyone without a mask was required to touch their faces to wear one from a super spreader to adhere to political correctness.

I would have turned around and left and gone to the UPS store, but I was first in line and he seems healthy. That did not account for all the mail he may have touched in the back though. We have only 20 or so cases of the commie flu in the county so far.

I did hit the Ilex15 when I got home. So far I am okay and my oxygen level is 96.

This mask bull shit needs to stop.

-T

Oh and now I have a free mask, if anyone else pull this bull shit on me.

Bib,

Stop with the narrative bull shit.

I don't wear a worthless mask because they don't protect me or anyone else from anything.

And since I would scratch and adjust, my chances of being infect increase dramatically. And considering I would be asymptomatic for a few days afterwards, I would be unknowingly putting others at risk.

These worthless masks DO NOT stop the transmission. But handing someone a tainted mask with your tainted hands greatly increases transmission.

To summarize: I do not wear a worthless mask (N100's are not available) to protect myself and others.

-T

Then you can't understand why we call you folks trumptards.

So he said, no problem, I will give you

This complaint from the moron that shows up at a business without a face mask in the middle of a pandemic.

but his job probably depended on spreading

Mad about what? Being so stupid that they show up at a post office in the middle of a deadly pandemic without a face mask?

Those paper masks DO NOT stop viruses, but

This coming from the guy who just told us he was so stupid he didn't wear a mask to a post office.

So, make up your mind. If it's a nothing burger, not deadly, they why are you complaining about what the postal worker touched?

Then you must have brain damage from something else.

Sure. Did you go to Trump's Tulsa rally too, like Herman Cain? Thanks for representing for the trumptards!

Reply to
trader_4

Ed Pawlowski

I have seen that. Fantastic photography.

Problem. It is only one blast. They don't account for the build up on the mask.

And they did not account for the humidity build up from your own respiration that renders the whole thing meaningless

I don't think they meant anything bad. They were just trying to prove a point and not going into anything more thorough that would call the effectiveness of masks into question.

This study did lots of blasts and accounted for build up.

Publisher: Physics of Fluids On respiratory droplets and face masks :

They did lots of blasts.

Bob,

I love you dearly. Okay, I don't. But you are still one of the most closed minded individuals I have come across in ages. Not to mention offensive.

In the future on such subjects, please argue science with me and not your opinions.

-T

So if you're hacking up a lung a face diaper might catch most of the pieces. Gotcha.

Reply to
rbowman

For starters, if you tell me the moon is made of swiss cheese, it is up to you to prove to me that it is, not the other way around.

And I have given you several creditable studies.

This is an Axiom to you. No proof needed.

And give it you best and try being a gentleman.

Actually the study is legitimate. One cough does spread as they showed.

What is illegitimate it jumping to conclusions based on a small piece of evidence. As always there is a lot more to the subject, such as the second and following coughs. And the amount of viruses coming out of the mask that are not in droplets, how long the virus stay airborne, etc. etc, etc..

And masks sure did not help all those in nursing homes that Cuomo murdered. Now there is where we need to concentrate our research. And not with just trying to prove foregone conclusions. Study with an agnostic mind.

That study lot of the is opinion. He does state a few studies. And he does a lot of EXTRAPOLATION. It is classic example of Dude in White Coats standing around pulling things out there butts. The '33,000 deaths could be avoided" is an example. 'In one simulation" is another.

There may be little bits of science mixed in there, but not a lot. This is EXTRAPOLATION. At best, learned opinion.

I'm not questioning the study itself, merely pointing out if you're symptomatic you should be wearing the mask in your bedroom with the door closed.

Reply to
rbowman

Agreed, but no mask if you live alone.

In my travels as a computer consultant, I pick up everything my customer have, especially super spreaders such as grand parents.

Mind you I don't get very sick anymore. Not even sick enough to get any attention. But it is still annoying as all hell. Every way I have tried, my wife always gets it in a few days.

I seriously doubt a mask would help. Viruses go right though them and would be all over every surface in the house, not to mention everything I touched. The defense defense is a good immune system offense.

Ilex15 does help:

I did feel a bit of sympathy for the post office guy who handed me the tainted mask. His job was on the line if he did not if he did not act as a super spreader. And I could see it in his eyes. Poor guy, he must have gotten a lot of abuse over it all. He is a good man.

I'm currently reading 'The Wizard and the Prophet'. It's completely unrelated to COVID and is about the development of high yield crops during the Green Revolution. Norman Borlaug did a lot of work developing wheat cultivars in Mexico and brought them to India and Pakistan when they were facing famines.

He was a Dude in a White Coat and worked scientifically to come up with a short stalked wheat with a high bearing head that is rust resistant. The short stalk is necessary since tall wheat is prone to lodging (getting blown down by the wind).

The story is impressive and the Mexican farmers drastically improved their yields. Fast forward to India. While the wheat met all his scientific criteria, it was high gluten and high protein and made a really crappy chapati that didn't look or smell right. They had a lot of it though.

The Indians irradiated the hell out of his seeds and lucked into a mutant that was acceptable in the real world.

Mann, the author, uses that to illustrate why pronouncements from on high by white coated experts are sometimes greeted with suspicion, particularly when you have dueling experts.

Back to the wheat story. The new cultivars tended to go to wealthy landowners who kicked the small farmers off the land, pumped the aquifers dry, and poisoned the soil with over-application of chemical fertilizers. Wealth inequality increased and more families wound up homeless. Borlaug collected a Nobel prize before the downside of the Green Revolution became apparent.

Reply to
rbowman

YE GADS!

Since my wife and I both love organic tea, I have "heard" that the farm workers in India are delighted with not having to work around all the toxic chemicals

Bad comparison. Anything Trump does you criticize, fabricate, twist. Remember when he was a racist and xenophobe for restricting travel from China? This is your narrative. EVERYTHING Trump does it wrong.

Oh you twisted things quiet well on your own. You are still not criticizing the lives Cuomo cost.

Shitty argument. The ER has the good stuff and they are not just masks.

And all the crappy masks in the world did not save the lives of Cuomo's death panels. Guess that is not part of your narrative. Lefties can do NO WRONG.

So money see as monkey do? Does not mean they are correct in what they are doing.

And good luck prosecuting when the legislature did not pass a law. Dictatorial pronouncements from a governor are not the law.

Twitchy finger hit send before you wrote anything?

Never happens to me. Never! Maybe.

I don't know to what extent the tea plantations use 'modern' methods. Wheat in the north and rice in the south are the two big crops. When you're feeding close to 1.4 billion people short term yields are all that counts.

The sad thing is if you take the '70s as the start of the Green Revolution the population has doubled. One agronomist said "We've been pulling rabbits out of the hat for fifty years and we're just about out of rabbits.'

Enter the four horsemen, stage left.

Reply to
rbowman

Can't wait for the T2 Diabetes to kick in!

otoh the total of India and China, by far the two most populous countries, isnt even self replacing now.

That’s been the claim ever since Malthus started hyperventilating like that.

Reply to
Joshua Snow