OT: my adventure at the post office and viruses transmission

Perhaps, if someone were suicidal ... but trying to change someone's mind on any issue for any other reason is just wrong.

Reply to
Muggles

Self-control is an ongoing practice. It doesn't matter how many times you've done it in the past. If you lose control in the future you're not practicing self-control.

Reply to
Muggles

Thank you for your service. I feel the same way, we responsible folks are behaving responsibly, making sacrifices to help slow the spread and save lives, while others just undermine it and do as they please. The really sad part is I never thought I'd see the day when those people include the president.

Reply to
trader_4

I see, so if you came across someone who thinks it's great to run around using racial slurs against blacks, it would be wrong to object to that, to try to change it? Someone behaves inappropriately around children, or around women, no use trying to change that? Someone denies the holocaust, no reason to challenge that either. Must be one hell of a church that you go to. Is that what Jesus would say?

Reply to
trader_4

It is not a case of "changing your mind" If your favorite color is red I cannot convince you blue is nicer.

If you made up your mind on a subject based on limited knowledge, I can supply new knowledge that will cause you to reevaluate and change your mind. Facts matter.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I forgot what a prissy old lady you are. Thanks for the reminder.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

It's not my job to worry about what other people say. It's a free country, and they can say whatever they want.

What am I going to do about it?? I don't have the authority to stop them from doing anything. If they haven't been reported to the authorities for behaving inappropriately around children, then the people close to those children aren't responding as they should. Women usually have to take care of their own problems.

If someone wants to argue with a person who denies the holocaust, that's their fight.

What's church got to do with anything you've just said??

Jesus was from a different time altogether. He'd tell people many things like men and women shouldn't fornicate, men should treat women with respect and deference, and killing babies in the womb is murder.

Reply to
Muggles

The problem with that is your assumption I've made up my mind based on "limited" information/knowledge. Who are you to make such an assumption about anyone you don't know?

Reply to
Muggles

HAHAHA I'm not old ... What I AM, though, is a lady who can put you and anyone else in their place with not much effort at all, and I don't need to be foul or curse to do it, either.

Reply to
Muggles

Actually, no, you cannot. Google libel laws. Of course you know the "fire in a theater" routine.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

We all have limited information. The only question is what limits and sources we have.

As for who am I to make such as assumption, I'm smart enough to know that no one knows everything.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Oddly enough, I don't feel "put in my place". I believe you failed on that one.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I started to agree with you until your TDS kicked in.

Reply to
Frank

Look up what "if" means.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Yeah, let's just hope we learned something in the process.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

I had no idea that she was also delusional. It fits in with everything else though.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Unlike you I do not fall in lockstep with anyone. There are a few things that Trump needs to improve that I don't like but the only one that was perfect died around 2,000 years ago.

I can predict your reply but if I posted it you would respond differently.

Reply to
Frank

Uhhh .... not recently maybe, but indeed historically.

Where do you get this nonsense? Polished rice was too expensive for commoners.

Wishful thinking on your part.

Diabetes Cases in Japan Top 10 Million for the First Time

Rate of diabetes in China “explosive”
May I repeat? OH BOY!

I love you dearly Bob ... What?? Okay, not really.

Glad to have lightened your day and kept you form having to think for yourself.

Oh gag me. Jumping to a lot of conclusoins are you.

I don't war a mask precisely because I care about others. They don't work