OT: my adventure at the post office and viruses transmission

And the difficulty in breathing though them may even kick out more viruses

What a ridiculous statement. Surgeons are not wearing N0 masks.

Maybe the question was so ridiculous she did not answer. Surgeons don't wear N0 masks

Hmmmm. Name calling. Seems you don't have a good argument to make.

I wondered when the comrade doctor would chime in. An N0 mask stops nothing. So standing in line with or without an N0 mask makes no difference.

Handing me a contaminated mask added whatever risk I was already experiencing. He was the one touching othet people's mail.

Oh and comrade doctor, before you start calling other imbeciles, you need to hit the books and learn your profession:

Here are some places to start:

The Survival and Inactivation of Enteric Viruses on Soft Surfaces: A Systematic Review of the Literature

Assessment of Healthcare Worker Protocol Deviations and Self-Contamination During Personal Protective Equipment Donning and Doffing

Bacterial Contamination of Medical Providers' White Coats and Surgical Scrubs: A Systematic Review

They even washed them in that one.

Oh and do neglect to change you cloths after a hard day of snot noses and coughs at work.

Name calling

Name calling

I didn't call her a name, I said she was incredibly stupid. It was in response to the incredibly stupid things that she said above. I know from past experience with her that it makes no difference if I don't personalize it. To her (probably you too) if I say "That was a stupid thing to say" she comes back with "Don't call me stupid" so for convenience, I skip that part and just call her stupid. Weaver, caught in the web that she made. Her actions here determine her treatment here.

Masks work in both directions, some better in one direction (to protect the wearer PPE) and others in the other direction (to reduce contaminating others. Just because they aren't perfect does not mean that they are useless - it's not an all or nothing proposition.

Suggesting to others that they are useless just because *she* can't breathe through them does harm to others if enough other stupid people believe her and follow her lead. She is either stupid, or malicious, and I give her the benefit of the doubt.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

They do work.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

How many people buy genuine hospital-grade surgical masks like Dr. Okafor and Dr. Austin wear on The Resident?

The  fake surgical mask knockoffs most people are buying from cheap-bay don't protect the wearer from the Wuhan-19 virus at all.

However, since most people have more than one chin, a mask does "work" to support their additional chins.

Reply to
Julian Booth

Ignoring the fact that by the time the surgeon shows up, the anesthesiologist has you in la-la land...

would you let a surgeon cut on you if s/he was wearing a cheapo mask from flea-bay?

Reply to
Gates Tattoo

Is that a TV show? Are you talking about the microfiber mask (usually blue) that are common in healthcare workers?

Of course not, that is not what they are designed for.

You're silly.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Because the vast majority of churches teach values of right and wrong and encourage their congregation to strive for a better world. That includes speaking out, standing up, when you see things that are wrong and harmful. But maybe you're in the church of the devil. You're certainly in the tent with the evil, orange clown.

Reply to
trader_4

Wow, that's a good one. You say that you agreed with me, until I pointed out that one of the people disregarding masks, social distancing, undermining what is being done to stop the spread is Trump? And I'm the one with some kind of derangement? That last part is simply factual. Trump had his Tulsa rally, no social distancing, no masks. He did the same thing at Mt Rushmore. Thousands of people packed together at both events and neither was essential to boot.

Reply to
trader_4

Funny that in 4 years now of watching Trump, you haven't yet posted one thing that I recall that Trump has done wrong, that you don't agree with. And it's not a few things, it's a few things a day. Yesterday for example, Trump thought it was a great idea to start up the whole Bubba Wallace thing again. It had just about died out, Trump chose to start it up. Why? For his own selfish, partisan reasons. He thinks it will help get him re-elected, he thinks people like you will like it and people like you have given him free reign, never object, so it's working. He did the same thing with complaining that NASCAR should not have banned the Confederate flag. Both are just his divisive national shit shows from yesterday. What will today's be?

Reply to
trader_4

That's some mighty fine Trumptard logic. Even if masks did not work, how does your not wearing one help others? As to not working, we've used them for healthcare workers, EMTs, dental workers for over a century. I suppose we should just stop all that too, they don't work.

Reply to
trader_4

If a surgeon did not have a surgical mask available, would you demand that he wear no mask, instead of whatever masks were available? And if it's an issue of having better masks, then add that to the list of Trump failures. Why don't we have decent masks readily available.

Actually the problem here isn't masks. It's you. You start out by forming a strong opinion based on little, usually just politics. Then you try to back-fit anything you can find to try to justify that position. For example you find the one study or more likely part of one study, that supports your position, while ignoring the far more prevalent studies that show the opposite. Try doing it the right way, look at all the facts, BEFORE taking a position. It works much better.

Reply to
trader_4

Welcome to the club. Mr. T blocks anyone that presents facts and truth that shatter his world. He comes here and talks about "the arena of ideas", claims that it's libs that won't debate, then he blocks those that expose him to the truth. It's part of how Trumptards become Trumptards, they just block out the real fact, real news and instead get mostly BS from their select, highly biased sources.

Reply to
trader_4

OK, so it's another Trump failure. The US should have better masks available to all for free. He's had 4 months and instead of advancing with things like that, Trump instead chose defeat and pretending it's over. I saw on the news last night that there are big testing shortages in LA too.

Reply to
trader_4

They can SAY ANYTHING they want. Who is gagging people so they can't?

Reply to
Muggles