OT: my adventure at the post office and viruses transmission

That's wrong, you don't wear one because you choose not to. Choosing not to means that you don't care about the health of others.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Even the label on the box says that the masks have an N0 rating. Lucky for us the Wuhan-19 is a nothingburger virus.

Reply to
Toni Fauci

You still don't get it, the ratings are for PPE not the ordinary "mask" for environmental contamination suppression.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

It already has.

There are many factors but the most striking is the increased prevalence in urban areas over rural couple with the increase in the wealthier states.

When American Indians were forced into a diet based on wheat flour that was a food novel to their diets. India has cultivated rice and wheat for millennia but are getting too much of a good thing coupled with a sedentary urban life.

While the early work with wheat and rice cultivars was done with traditional breeding methods and not genetic modification, it's possible that chasing yield and disease resistance left something out of the older strains. I doubt that is a major factor compared to urbanization and industrialization. Nehru and his successors wanted to join the western prosperity. They got that with all its problems.

Reply to
rbowman

The chances of becoming infected by contact with cloth are minimal, you imbecile. Even if the helpful a-poor-soul was sweating the virus from every pore. "Waiting in line" without wearing a mask was the greatest risk, to you and to others. If you were colored and committed a lesser crime you'd probably be in jail today. Read less #FAKE_NEWS. "Heducate" yourself. Be less proud of your ignorance. HTH []'s

Reply to
Shadow
[snip]

Maybe those should be called N99, admitting that perfection doesn't exist.

These masks are better:

higher price isn't so bad when you consider that these are not "disposable".

BTW, Disposable does NOT mean "can be disposed of" but "can NOT be sterilized". It started making more sense when I realized that. Now I'm still not sure about the "Disposable Hand Sanitizer" (with the message "Kiss 99.9% Germs").

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

The Kroger store here (east Texas) is now putting up signs on the doors, about wearing masks. I mentioned that to a woman about to enter (with no mask). She said "if you're sick".

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

It doesn't happen to me anymore. It was never a problem with my finger, but those "self-clicking" TOUCHPADS. I'm now using a Lenovo with one of these little things between the G, H, B keys and the touchpad DISABLED.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

It is no news that those with more to eat get fatter and that that increases the risk of type 2 diabetes. Beats starving to death tho.

Again, no news medically. And for some reason the Chinese and Japanese don’t get that effect so dramatically.

Still better than starving to death.

Reply to
Joshua Snow

Unless you were colored and burned the post office down... You have to think big.

Reply to
rbowman

Japan still trails the US and China but they're catching up.

You're a binary person, aren't you? There are only two choices, starving to death in abject poverty or adopting western methods, doubling the population, and increasing the diseases associated with a western lifestyle. Whatever happened to a modest level of sustainability?

btw, why do you think the human population will reach 10 billion and stop increasing? What will what passes for a capitalist economy do in a steady state?

Reply to
rbowman

That link doesn’t work well because of the trailing - with some browsers and the use of the world explosive is mindlessly silly given that only 10% or chinese are diabetic.

Like I said, much less of a problem than in india for some reason.

Not by enough to matter.

Nope.

Never said anything even remotely like that.

Didn’t say that either. China hasn’t.

The reality with China and India was nothing like that. It is what happened with Japan.

Because birth rates are dropping EVERYWHERE now except where its already right down in the noise. And that is the WHO prediction of the peak, not mine.

We already know that, carry on regardless. Not one modern first world country is even self replacing now if you take out immigration and that’s true for most of the second world too now.

Reply to
Joshua Snow

If you were colored and just "loitering" in front of the post office you'd be facing a judge. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Actually it has. T2 is a now a big deal over there.

The analysis (which I can not find at the moment) said they got away with essentially eating a bowel of sugar a day because

1) food was scarce 2) they did not eat between meals 3) they ate two or fewer times a day 4) they did a lot of physical labor 5) the ate unpolished rice (brown rice)

Now that these don't apply, oh boy!

But nothing like as bad as in India or the USA.

That isnt true of either the chinese or Japanese.

It wasn’t in japan except for just after the war had ended.

Japanese didn’t.

China didn’t.

There is no oh boy with Japan and T2.

Reply to
Joshua Snow

Amen to that!

Reply to
Muggles

CHOOSING not to wear a mask means you actually have a choice because we live in a free country. It's also correct that masks don't prevent anything, so why wear them when you can't breath through them?

Reply to
Muggles

That's wrong.

That's wrong too. No surprise.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

No, it's not wrong.

Again, I'm not wrong.

Reply to
Muggles

I don't see people dropping dead by the thousands just in my country alone who have caught the virus, either.

Reply to
Muggles