OT: inconsiderate shoppers

Sounds like you need to get the UK radar version, it works flawlessly. We don't have underground pads.

Reply to
Undersized hippopotamus

If you are finding that dairy goes off before the date then what you do is to go to the back of the shelf and find the longest dated item and then treat as if the best before date is that of the items at the front of the shelf.

Reply to
alan_m

Even if you don't have one, a two star ice cube compartment will freeze and keep things for a month.

Reply to
Max Demian

It gets rid of all of those pesky decimal points when you are talking about small gradients in temperature like how cold your fridge is. I can use both in round terms but when I want to get more precise F works better for me. It is really just what we grew up with. That is sort of like why you drive on the wrong side of the road. Most of the world is on the right side. (as in Starboard)

Reply to
gfretwell

When that was happening to me (dairy goes off before the date), it was my refrigerator going bad.

somewhat OT: I once read of a conversation between a British person and a French person, about some cheese. The first said "it's gone off" and the other thought it exploded.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I have one but once the novelty wore off we were back to buying sliced bread at the store or getting it fresh from the bakery there if we want something different than the plastic wrapped stuff. I am not sure what you have over there but most big stores here have a bakery that goes on making stuff all day. (0400 to around 1200 anyway) If you get there first thing in the morning you can get bread still warm from the oven.

Reply to
gfretwell

It is still a credit card transaction and it is protected by federal statute. Most top line credit cards offer protection over and above what the law gives you. I bought a boat seat ($700) I wasn't happy with the quality and they screwed up the design we agreed on. After getting a lot of "tough shit" from the Miami crook, American Express refunded my $700 and since the guy denied he ever even made me a seat, they extracted the $700 from him. Since I didn't ever buy a seat from him, he couldn't ask me to send it back. I kept it and sold it on Craigs list for $500.

Reply to
gfretwell

ROTFPMSL! That taught him a lesson.

Reply to
Undersized hippopotamus

That is the stuff we freeze. I wrap the chicken breasts individually and freeze them. Then you just pull out what you need. Hotdogs, I freeze in the package. They are easy enough to pop apart with a cheap knife. I like hotdogs (or similar sausages) and I always have several varieties in the freezer. Pop a couple off the package, put the rest in a small zip bag and put them back.

Reply to
gfretwell

Same here in the UK. Why spend time making something that can be expertly done for you?

Reply to
Undersized hippopotamus

You don't need to know anything less than 1C difference.

And why are decimals so complicated? Is that because you lot only have math instead of maths?

But C is more sensible, it's easier to have the zero at freezing point and the 100 at boiling point. I can easily know if it's going to be frosty outside as it approaches 0.

I grew up with F then changed to C as it's so much easier.

And they're all wrong. We read and write from left to right.

Reply to
Undersized hippopotamus

Pssst.... it's because they're thick. 2 points lower average IQ....

Reply to
Undersized hippopotamus

Correction it'll freeze about 3 items, they're so bloody small.

Reply to
Undersized hippopotamus

Little kids tend to turn up their noses at eating their pet lamb or horse or chook or guinea pig too.

That's for that completely superfluous proof that you have never had anything to do with cows or sheep.

You're too stupid to do that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Wrong, as always.

Rod Speed

-0000, wrote

There must be plenty like you given the number of bread machines that turn up at the garage/yard sales, or they can't manage to work out how to make the work like Fred.

About half of the biggest chains do here too. But its nothing like what you can make yourself if you know what you are doing.

But its much more convenient to load the bread machine before you go to bed and have it ready to eat from the machine when you get up.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It's not 37, it's 37 +/-1.

Reply to
Undersized hippopotamus

Do the flimsy EU greenie treehugging plastic saving thin bottles not explode?

Reply to
Undersized hippopotamus

Much less time than going to the shop. Literally less than 30 seconds to weight the breadmix and water into the machine.

In fact it isnt expertly done. My dedicated hot bread shop's idea of multigrain bread is to chuck some seeds into the wholemeal dough. Nothing even remotely like real multigrain bread.

Reply to
Rod Speed

No, they do what I tell them or else. I provide the food.

Horse tastes nice, but people got all upset when Tesco provided that instead of cow.

Reply to
Undersized hippopotamus