OT: inconsiderate shoppers

Yup that is why I say metals are the things we should be recycling. The smelting process clears a lot of sins. Things like plastic and paper are ridiculous. They only way they have value is if they are sorted far more discriminately than most people are willing to do. When we were recycling computer paper, before it was cool, the guy would refuse the whole load if he saw anything in there but pure white bond. The same way with "newsprint" or corrugated cardboard. If there are any of those slick ad flyers, beer cartons or plastic in there, they don't want it. Plastic really needs to be sorted by type and cleaned. A lot of types they don't even want. This was too labor intensive for the chinese so you know there is no way it makes any sense here with government union people sorting trash.

Reply to
gfretwell

Also glass needs to be sorted by type unless all you are making is brown beer bottles with it.

I think that is all they do with most of our combustible recycle although they do make a big show of taking out a truck load or two that the sorters clean up. It is far from even 10% of what they collect but it is employment for some hard core unemployables.

Reply to
gfretwell

on 30/10/2018, Undersized hippopotamus supposed :

Actually, we do - its an inductive loop, buried just below the road surface. some cameras rely on a Doppler radar system. I have not seen any pressure pads though, for many years.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Clearly the temporary roadworks ones only have the radar, and they work fine. So there's no need to be digging up the road for pads.

Reply to
Steven Watkins

I've eaten food from dented tins with no ill effects.

Reply to
Steven Watkins

funny, my council takes all plastics in the same container.

Reply to
Steven Watkins

What's this nonsense about carbon, it's all bullshit. The carbon was in the air before it was turned into oil and coal. We're just replacing it. Let the plants breathe more freely!

Reply to
Steven Watkins

You must spend a lot of time shopping. I buy food in bulk every 3 weeks= at supermarkets, and petrol about =A350 a time. The rest is Ebay so no= t contactless.

What kind of TSB card? Mine is a debit card for a basic standard curren= t account. It was issued Oct 2017.

Reply to
Steven Watkins

Disabled ramps irritate me, it takes longer to walk up them. They take up room. They cost the shop money. I bet the disabled don't pay any of this.

Reply to
Steven Watkins

I saw one in Brighton recently. It's not operational - they just couldn't be arsed to take it up!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I'm directly above the centre of the Earth.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Steven Watkins wrote

Those arent used in anything like the same situation as with complex road intersections.

Those who do traffic lights clearly know otherwise. And we arent talking about pads, inductive loops.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Dented is nothing like opened.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Mine too. The only exception is those binge buys I did of stuff I can't get in my town when I was out of town.

Before my credit card on the apple pay did CDCVM so you never have to use a PIN for any value transaction, the only time I needed the PIN was for a new car battery.

I don't, I do it weekly after the garage sale run.

That isnt viable for fresh food in summer.

Mine doesn't normally go over $50 even when completely empty and out limit that needs a PIN is $100 so you never need a PIN for petrol.

I havent had a card that isnt contactless for almost a decade now.

Reply to
Rod Speed

But you must buy at many shops to make the purchase amount that small.

Ever heard of a freezer?

What price per litre is your petrol? My tank (Renault Scenic) is 50 lit= res. At about =A31.29 a litre, that's way more than =A330.

We're talking about contactless cards. In the UK the limit is =A330.

Your country is further ahead on plastic notes, so maybe your banks got = contactless first. Only about half here seem to have it.

Reply to
Steven Watkins

He said attacked, I assumed he meant a big dent that might perforate the plastic lining inside.

Reply to
Steven Watkins

Yes they are, I saw one today with a quite busy roundabout with three entrances. They were digging up half the roundabout, so installed traffic lights as the cars had to go the wrong way round it.

Not required, the radar works fine, it can detect a car approaching.

Reply to
Steven Watkins

That encompasses the entire universe.

Reply to
Steven Watkins

Some of us get paid 3% on our cash.

Reply to
Rod Speed

1 mile.

Because it stays precisely the same as when I bought it, I keep it in the fridge or freezer. Why waste time shopping?

Reply to
Steven Watkins