OT: Danger! Time warp!

I just tried that, and ended up with lots of pages about "achieving the body of a 20 year old" with some ridiculous food supplement.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword
[snip]

I find that I can convert absolute to relative a lot faster and easier than converting relative to absolute.

[snip]
Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

There's a difference between a time-of-day clock and a countdown timer.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

I wish I had a microwave like that. Pressing 'start' 10 times sounds a lot better than what mine requires.

  1. Press "time/temp cook" to start things
  2. Press 0 (first digit selects power level, 0=high)
  3. Press 1 (display shows 00:01)
  4. Press 0 (display shows 00:10)
  5. Press 0 (display shoes 01:00)
  6. Press 0 (display shows 10:00)
  7. Press 'start' to actually begin cooking

However, this microwave is 21 years old and a new old could be LESS reliable.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

I forget where I saw it, although there's a good chance the information is on the internet somewhere.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

I think it wasn't stupidity, but lack of knowledge.

BTW, one other thing I heard in history class was that when the railroads were new, some people believed that the human body would come apart at speeds greater than 13MPH. Maybe the same ones who thought Earth couldn't be rotating since they didn't feel it.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

One of the timezones I used for testing my website is Arctic/Longyearbyen, which is at a latitude of 78 degrees north. There there is no night between mid-April and late August, and no daylight from late October to mid-February.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

People live there?!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I have heard of this speed thing, but I thought it was 30 or 40 mph and it was to do with the Model T Ford.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword
[snip]

Yes,

Mark Lloyd

They didn't actually learn.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

19:56 Digital, baby. Ever hear of it?
Reply to
rbowman

From some of the 20 year olds I've seen I'll skip the magic supplement.

Reply to
rbowman

As you were, in the summer. Unless you're in Australia but they probably consider winter to be summer. Celebrating New Years Eve in flip flops and a wife beater just ain't right.

Reply to
rbowman

If you can read it without turning a light on it's probably 14.

I have seen wall clocks like that in underground installations where the sun never shines.

Reply to
rbowman

I had one like that, perhaps without 10 timers. The barometer/altimeter was relatively useless if you didn't know one value or the other.

Reply to
rbowman

Love them! Like I said, Amazon periodically turns their clusters into a cluster f*ck.

Reply to
rbowman

Norway had one of the more creative approaches to the refugee problem; they housed them in an old ski resort above the Arctic circle. A month or so of that and the refugees might try to swim back to Syria.

Reply to
rbowman

But hard to swim thru ice tho.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The UK housed a load in Middlesbrough* and the buggers still stayed, an old ski resort would seem quite palatial in comparison.

*A UK Equivalent of a Rust belt city for our non English speakers.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg