OT: Danger! Time warp!

If you're clever enough to decide if it's 2:00 or 14:00 you're clever enough to add 12 to the hour.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

ote:

I like the French idea of shoving them on a campsite with no supplies.

-- =

My daughter asked me for a pet spider for her birthday, so I went to our= local pet shop and they were =A370! Blow this, I thought, I can get one= cheaper off the web.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

e:

ote:

I don't use Amazon. I tried them again recently incase they'd sorted th= eir shitty website out, but they haven't. The first time I tried, there= was a bug on the server which wouldn't allow me to sort by price until = I'd selected a category. I complained to them and they blamed my brows= er. Once they'd fixed that problem (the guy I reported it to actually s= aid in the same reply that he'd passed it to the tech team even though h= e'd just said it was my fault), I then found that half the stuff they se= ll has an invisible postage fee of =A36, which isn't shown in the list w= hen you're searching, so you still can't find out who's selling the item= cheapest. I complained again and told them to ask Ebay how to program = a website properly. They haven't replied.

-- =

Q. What's hairy on the outside, wet on the inside, begins with a "C" and= ends with a "T"? A. A coconut.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Barometers are as rubbish as a TV weather forecast. We don't know how to predict the weather, and probably never will. Your best chance is to look out the window in the morning.

The altimeter is fun on a fell race (race up a mountain). You can tell people they only have 2000 feet to go.

The timers are designed to be used by someone monitoring the speed of several runners in a race. I'd just get mixed up.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

It makes me laugh when Aussies say they're cold.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

But you're in America, the land of the eat as much as you can.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Quicker to glance at analogue.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I guess they have good lighting.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

A campsite in Poland would be good but the Poles wised up after the last time the country was used as a dumping ground.

Reply to
rbowman

AWS. (Amazon Web Services). I doubt they would let you anywhere near a VM.

Reply to
rbowman

Or 20' if the barometric pressure changed since you calibrated the altimeter.

Reply to
rbowman

I get a chuckle from the Australian Alps. They look like they would be a nice, if not too taxing, walk. Beats Kansas, I suppose.

Reply to
rbowman

And a lot of alcohol...

Reply to
rbowman

Mine is more like 45 years old and I just turn the dial to the desired time and hit start.

Reply to
gfretwell

Even you should be able to use a well designed smartphone app that uses image recognition to work out which one is which.

Reply to
Rod Speed

rbowman wrote

No one here calls them that.

Reply to
Rod Speed
[snip]

I remember the weather device a relative had, a piece of brown rope hanging outside, with instructions like:

If it's wet it's raining. If it's stiff it's freezing. If it's white it's snowing.

[snip]
Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I want one of their million acre farms.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

James Wilkinson Sword wrote

You wouldn't last long running around starkers on one in summer.

Reply to
Rod Speed
[snip]

One advantage of a dial is that YOU control it. Rather than the "2 speed" up/down buttons where you can get close to what you want and then it suddenly decides you want high speed. Like trying to get to 20 and you end up with something like 17, 18, 19, 29, 39, ....

Reply to
Mark Lloyd