OT: Danger! Time warp!

Chinese seldom go native.

Reply to
rbowman

Bullshit. There's no statistics to show countries nearer the equator contain stupider folk.

I could perhaps imagine that only very clever folk can survive in colder climates as growing food is more difficult, whereas in a paradise climate, anyone can survive.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I thought the DST disease was worldspread.

-- =

How many potheads does it take to change a light bulb? Two. One to hold the bulb against the socket, and the other to smoke up= until the room starts spinning.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I confuse some people by saying "I'll see you about 11 or 12 in the morning". They say "12 isn't in the morning". Pedants.

The time or the weather?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

ote:

=83=85)=E3=83=8E

Not if we reduced the number if kids we had. And it wouldn't be to zero= due to accidents.

There wouldn't magically be more work to do. Everyone would do a 3 day = week forever. Or work a 5 day week then have a few years off every so o= ften. Clearly once you'd accrued enough money you could either go part = time or retire for a bit. Nobody's going to force you to work.

-- =

Smith & Wesson -- the original point and click interface.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Quite, if the wage slaves want it "light in the evening when they get home" just go to work a couple of hours earlier". The "working day" of 9 to 5 is asymetric around noon, it should be 8 to 4. Even then it's geting dark by 4 mid winter up here and we aren't *really* north.

Eh? The amount of daylight is the same for a given day, just that the wage slaves waste an hour or so of it in the mornings.

UTC and atomic time are kept within a second or so of each other by having leap seconds every so often.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Unless you used to work for the railways/buses/military, I find it most odd that you think of time in that way. Most people would say "9pm" not "twenty one hundred hours", which is damn stupid if you think about it, there are not hundreds of hours.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

e:

You'll have to summarise that, I'm not familiar with your history.

Women in charge, oh my god! You're screwed.

-- =

In case of exposure to lack of substance, please do not continue to refr= ain from stopping.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Cindy Hamilton posted for all of us...

I'm just glad to see daylight and get out in it.

I was never a fan of DST. I think it's useless. *It's for the kids*

Reply to
Tekkie®

rbowman posted for all of us...

+1 and gaining People have no choice in the matter. It's actually a Ponzi scheme that can't be avoided.
Reply to
Tekkie®

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

What do the gerbils think?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Bod posted for all of us...

Your house?

Reply to
Tekkie®

James Wilkinson Sword posted for all of us...

What about robots?

Reply to
Tekkie®

rbowman posted for all of us...

My motto was never screw up more in the morning than you can fix in the afternoon.

Reply to
Tekkie®

On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 19:47:33 -0000, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

Tomorrow's another day. Unless you worked somewhere servers must run ov= ernight.

-- =

A bleached blonde and a natural blonde were on top of the Empire State B= uilding. How do you tell them apart? The bleached blonde would never throw bread to the helicopters.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 19:39:12 -0000, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

k to be done. That will never change just because a different number of= us are capable of work. Do you think extra jobs would magically be inv= ented? You'd be free to live your life the same way you have. You work= hard, save up, then take a few decades off. Or, you could work part ti= me and never retire, the choice would be yours.

Separate issue to length of life.

-- =

You wag your tail like your mother, you repugnant, hairball engorging, c= at buggering, pseudo-human android spawn of a foul-smelling telephone so= licitor!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 19:37:21 -0000, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

ote:

That would get a little crowded.

-- =

Maybe the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence because tha= t is where the leaky septic tank is buried.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 19:35:10 -0000, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

d his answer was,"The cows know what time it is." ?(?)?

Who milks gerbils?!

-- =

Maybe the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence because tha= t is where the leaky septic tank is buried.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

n see one hour into the future, as our clocks are out of step with reality.

y changing the clocks, we can make it lighter in the morning or lighter in the evening (much preferred). During summer, we don't need to do either, s o might aswell leave it the same as whatever we chose in the winter.

g. If it were

nt the light. Very few people are earlybirds.

n the evening....

e open, our places of work open, etc.

ss for longer, or get nothing for 5 years?

nd nothing to do with them (although it is tax free). When they pay out, a nd how much, is between me and the bank. Employers also do private pension s on your behalf.

Very few employers do private pensions anymore. Quite often, with these

401(k) plans, the employer puts in some percentage. For example, if you put in 4% of your pay, they'll put in 2% over and above your regular salary. If you prefer to save outside of that system, you lose the 2%.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

rbowman wrote

We weren't discussing going native and plenty went native in australia anyway.

Reply to
Rod Speed