OT: Danger! Time warp!

That's not going to happen anymore, essentially because most knowledge is so readily accessible now and has been for millennia now. We havent seen any examples of what you are talking about in the last millennium.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I get more per week in state pension than you get in a month of your dole. I also get more in a private pension per month than you will ever get on your dole for life. You disgust me Hucker. Wankers have always disgusted me and you are a wanker. Just kill yourself Hucker.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Real time is based high noon like in our old western shows. It seems silly that things had to change because the old trains messed things up.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Wrong.

Wrong.

Where is it otherwise?

Reply to
Huge

Yes.

You've obviously never lived there.

Reply to
Rod Speed
[snip]

That would actually do something.

Also:

Months are overly complicated things, with 4 different lengths none of which are related to weeks. If we had 28-day months, 13 of them would be

364 days. Just an extra day or 2 to make a year.

Put those extra days at the end of the last month so they don't interfere so much with each month starting on the same weekday. Or, speed the earth up so an orbit takes exactly 364 days.

Of course that totally leaves out the fact (that's really better left out) that the number 13 is female.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

How about the L-5 colony?

Reply to
Sam E

The explosions need to be timed properly, otherwise they'd cancel out.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Tell your boss to give you better pay deals or you leave.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You trusted your government to look after your money?!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Why 28-day months? A moon is very nearly 29.5 days. Why have months at all?

Reply to
Max Demian

State reasoning for detesting the equator.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

The why do you live in a semi detached house in a shithole full of Pakis?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword
[snip]

Doing away with months is OK with me, and t here's no real reason a week needs to be 7 days.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

It would make more sense to use a 24 hour clock too. The months may be traditional, but using 365 days makes sense too. Day one to day 90 is cold. Day 91 to day 120 is mild. You get to know that quickly, just like the months.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Better to find another planet to inhabit first....

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

We need better launch facilities first.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

If you're going to killfile me, do it properly.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Yes.

By 2011 only 10% of the private employers had pension plans. They have a bad reputation as many people have been screwed out of their plans.

69 plans failed in 2015. Under new legislation even the ones that do not fail outright can renegotiate and cut the promised benefits to retirees.

The capitalist plan has always been to privatize the profits and socialize the costs whenever possible. Marx might end up having the last laugh as the Ponzi scheme collapses.

Reply to
rbowman

Move close to the equator and you'll become as stupid as the indigenous population.

Reply to
rbowman