OT: Danger! Time warp!

AFAIK here it's pretty much fixed. I've always just left it on the defaults, I guess I could have opted out completely, but I don't think I could have changed the amount.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

nd his answer was,"The cows know what time it is." ?(?)?

Ever thrown a stone at a bullock's testicles?

-- =

Sex drive: a physical craving that begins in adolescence and ends at mar= riage.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I like it and have been saving Daylight for years. My account balance is high enough that when we travel we have daylight all the time driving now. While you are in the dark in December, I just make a withdrawl from my Daylight Savings.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

hour into the future, as our clocks are out of step with reality.

g the clocks, we can make it lighter in the morning or lighter in the ev= ening (much preferred). During summer, we don't need to do either, so m= ight aswell leave it the same as whatever we chose in the winter.

ur places of work open, etc.

People nowadays think we're in perpetual darkness. What's with the f*ck= ing headlights during daylight hours? It's distracting!

-- =

Flabbergasted (adj.), appalled over how much weight you have gained.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Opted out of what? You have nothing to opt out off. You are a sponging wanker who has paid f*ck all into the system and will hopefully be dead long before you can claim your state pension. You disgust me big time Hucker.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

12 years of pension payments.
Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword
[snip]

It has to be the same (setting a clock isn't doing anything that could change it). I'm not sure why almost everybody seems to think otherwise.

I know it greatly increases to complexity of handling time all over the world.

There SHOULD be 25 timezones (If you think 24, maybe you forgot that the International Date Line is NOT one of those 24 timezone boundaries).

That number gets to somewhere around 30 to 40 with the use of non-whole-hour offsets (there are none in the US, but one in Canada).

The number of timezones is several hundred because of the DST mess (mostly differing transition times).

Apparently the use of leap seconds was started in 1972 and so far 27 have been added. The average frequency is decreasing slowly.

There was a leap second at the end of 2016. I was going to see how it affected my computer's clock, but I missed it (at least it was for a good reason).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

At one time it was believed that life was impossible except between the latitudes of about 23 and 66 degrees.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

Most timezones in Africa, Antarctica, and the Indian region do not have DST. Also, I remember Russia eliminated DST recently.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

THAT "hundred hours" doesn't make sense, but 0-23 is simpler than 12-11 twice (with that M stuff).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

I have seen that (*It's for the kids*) at the end of an ad for nuclear weapons.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

What are we discussing? Have you ever heard the term 'overseas Chinese'? Do you know the disdain the Chinese in Africa have for the indigenous workers?

In any case going native in Australia isn't quite the same as going native in the Republic of Congo afaik. It msay be a step above going native in San Francisco.

Reply to
rbowman

Care to list the cultural or scientific breakthroughs from the equatorial nations?

Reply to
rbowman

Arizona is one of the few holdouts although the Navajo reservation does DST.

The worst case was Indiana. They kept Eastern Standard time and did not do DST. However, the eastern area near Cincinnati OH followed Cincinnati which was Eastern Standard but did do DST. The western area near Chicago followed Chicago with Central Standard and Central Daylight. If you asked someon the time they would reply 20 after and let you figure out the hour.

Reply to
rbowman

24/7, preferably with five nines uptime.
Reply to
rbowman

rbowman wrote

I was originally commenting on your claim that moving to the tropics would see you become as stupid as the indigenous population.

That didn't happen with the chinese who moved to singapore, malaysia and indonesia.

Or to the english and dutch that did that to there either.

Yes, and when they have moved to the tropics, they havent gone as stupid as the indigenous population.

Just as true of singapore, malaysia and indonesia. but nothing like your original claim I commented on.

We weren't discussing going native, that was just your red herring when I rubbed your nose in the fact that the chinese who moved to singapore, malaysia and indonesia didn't end up as stupid as the natives there.

The chinese didn't go native there either.

Reply to
Rod Speed

What the arabs got up to more than a millennium ago will do fine.

Same with India. They even invented that magnificent solution to the surplus mother in law problem, she goes on the funeral pyre with hubby, whether she wants to or not.

Even today, Saudi Arabia isnt actually stupid enough to let women drive.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Curry. Reggae Spliffs Blow-pipes Serious psychedelics The boomerang Surfing

Point is, why be inside learning computer prorgamming when you can be outside, smoking a spliff, having a curry and surfing on the coral sands?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Exactly.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I don't see the problem with living in heaven permanently. As long as you aren't forced to do silly religious angel shit.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword