Badly translated instructions for a LED PIR floodlight

Let's see...the guy either writes it down once with his broken Engrish and be done or writes it down once in a translator then writes it again to another document. It does take more than ZERO EXTRA TIME and adds up to the cost.

Reply to
Hawk

Mistakes happen.

Reply to
Hawk

Over there, the mini Cooper is a true MINI cooper and thus, I can see squeezing in. The horn is always a good tool to alert the idiotic tools of the road.

Reply to
Hawk

Sure someone has to pay. That is why I said for some of the products the company could give a couple of college students the devices to write them up. I bet even the new Iphone 12 or whatever that costs close to $ 1000 is really on a hundred bucks or less of actual material and the other is research, setup of machinery and profit.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

On Oct 22, 2020 at 11:25:00 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0swirylhwdg98l@glass>:

No, they come in white.

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 22, 2020 at 11:24:00 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0swiqab0wdg98l@glass>:

They tweeted about it.

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 22, 2020 at 11:21:38 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0swimcmcwdg98l@glass>:

Really think ones from the south or New England can be a bit of a challenge but generally I can understand them. I tend to understand accents better than average, though I am hardly extraordinary at it.

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 22, 2020 at 11:18:47 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0swihlj6wdg98l@glass>:

So speak funny.

Reply to
Snit

This is true. I could live without that much realism in scenes where the background noise makes it hard to understand the conversation.

Brit crime movies are a mixed bag. In 'Shetland' Douglas Henshall is usually okay but Alison O'Donnell can be murky at times. I've read it was criticized because the characters don't have Shetland accents but that was probably all to the good for the rest of the world. I've been on some of the inbred islands off the coast of Maine where it's rumored they speak English but I couldn't prove it.

Reply to
rbowman

On Oct 22, 2020 at 7:08:11 PM MST, "rbowman" wrote snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>:

I am with you on this. I have very sensitive hearing but a hard time blocking out background noises.

Reply to
Snit

Bullshit. We don't need a law to drive on the right or left. If we drove deliberately on the wrong side, we would die, so we don't. Laws are only required for robots. People can work out what's sensible all by themselves.

Which is f*ck all.

If 100 people caught it, and most never will, 80 of them won't even know they got it, 10 will get symptoms like the flu, 9 will feel like shit for a couple of weeks, and 1 will die. So why bother avoiding that tiny chance?

If they weren't immune, there would be a reaction, symptoms, fever, etc. That's the meaning of immune, your body is not affected by it.

Why assume the worst about something we don't know about? Why would you think something you recover from would cause a long term effect? Most things do not.

And yet the government refuses to listen. Well the general population is fed up of it. I'm seeing a rapid rise in people taking my view, and not wearing a mask anywhere. In fact of the last 10 people to come to my house, mostly couriers etc, none wore a mask, even standing right in front of me and having a conversation.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Oct 28, 2020 at 12:29:03 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0s7pqtpbwdg98l@glass>:

You contradict yourself -- you say we do not need laws because people will do things to prevent death but then you denounce measures to save lives as unnecessary.

And there ARE driving laws. And people break them. And the consequences help to improve compliance.

Over 300K extra deaths even with the measures taken. And of course death is not the only negative result of the illness... there are many who survive but have complications.

That is not what immune means. Immune means you cannot catch nor spread it.

We do not know the long term impacts, hence why we should be cautious -- especially on a disease that spreads so quickly.

Also: those who are not willing to protect folks from this show stronger antisocial traits -- "the antisocial pattern profile which presented higher scores in Callousness, Deceitfulness, Hostility, Impulsivity, Irresponsibility, Manipulativeness, and Risk-taking, as well as lower scores in Affective resonance; and the empathy pattern profile which presented higher scores in Affective resonance and lower scores in ASPD typical traits."

Correct.

We need leadership. And a population that is better educated on science.

Back to leadership and education. And many with undesirable traits.

Good luck.

Reply to
Snit

Well that floodlight's marvelous radar detector is shit. I sent them a video of it not working very well, and have received a free floodlight. Even if that detector sux too, I've now got two high powered floodlights very cheaply.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Noodle boy! ROFL!

No, it's "nae bother", as in "no problem". I kept getting it as a reply, just "NB" in the text and nothing else.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

A few seconds to copy and paste, once, for the sale of 10,000 units. So as good as damn it zero.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It was not a mistake, it was a lack of clarity on your part.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Since I don't know where you live, I don't know where your "over there" refers to, but in the UK a Mini Cooper bought now is huge.

I once got told off for indicating. Twice the guy actually stopped (an emergency stop) right in front of me in the middle of the junction, then held up one finger. I thought he was flipping me off. Apparently he had the opinion that there was only one lane on the roundabout and I shouldn't be using it as though there were two (which is what 99% of drivers do as there's plenty of room). He clearly had a bad case of OCD and shouldn't be allowed on the road. If he'd done it a third time I wouldn't have bothered applying my brake, I'd have used the other pedal.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

With the instructions being 0.0001% of that. The design of the circuit, the casing, the software, that's a million times more.

And why the f*ck do people pay $1000 for a phone? My non-Apple-ripoff non-Samsung-ripoff was $50, has a 5.5 inch 720p screen, a quad core processor, 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, and a battery that will let me make calls for 10 hours.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Do negros come in black?

Reply to