LED PIR Floods

For my drive I need a PIR flood that I can aim almost straight down. Some look as though the PIR will foul on the wall before I reach the angle I want. Does anyone have any recommendations as I don't want to illuminate my neighbours - or the "air". I jut want to put the light where I need it.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I had that with the Lidl LED ones I bought which have been otherwise fine. Luckily didn't need the PIRs as they are switched from inside the house so simply removed them. But it doesn't seem unreasonable to want to have the fitting firing downwards but mounted on a wall.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Extension arm?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

En el artículo , DerbyBorn escribió:

use a separate PIR, such as

and a PIR-less floodlight.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Mike Tomlinson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@jasper.org.uk:

Prefer not to have any more exposed wiring and do not like doing more than the minimum when up a ladder. The lamp will be under the eaves.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

But no sensitivity adjustment on that one, or some of the others listed on SF site.

Reply to
Davidm

En el artículo , DerbyBorn escribió:

Completely the wrong place for a PIR then, assuming it's a two-storey house.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Can you not simply fix it to the soffit? Failing that, choose a unit on which the bracket is fixed mid-way along the edge of the lamp, so that it can be mounted either way up, and then fix it to the wall with the PIR at the top, rather than as is usually pictured, at the bottom.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Best position for a light is usually not the best position for the PIR. Light should normally be fitted significantly higher than the PIR for best operation of both of them.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

What about fixing a piece of 2 x 2 wood to the wall and then attach the flood to that. That should give you extra clearance.

Reply to
ss

En el artículo , Davidm escribió:

Plenty of alternatives if you can work out how to use Google. Do you want me to wipe your arse for you too?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

According to the installation manual listed on the 'more info' page it has both of the usual adjustments (dusk/light sensitivity and operational time)

It also has the usual permanently on manual override facility - by switching the power on/off in pre-set sequence.

Reply to
alan_m

Interesting. Do you provide this service in the Hampshire area? ;-)

Reply to
Richard

I am not even sure the one I have just fitted without a PIR will aim low enough to prevent light overspill (it's on a dusk till dawn sensor circuit).

I just stuck it up as a temporary replacement until I get the replacement parts for my normal outside light.

Reply to
ARW

Does anyone use that dial on the models that have it?

Reply to
ARW

DerbyBorn wrote in news:XnsA70C69AD4E1E0TrainJPlantntlworldc@81.171.92.236:

High to give max spread of light - existing 300watt is fine - but is on borrowed time - I had to break the glass to change the lamp

Reply to
DerbyBorn

This floodlight comes with two fixing brackets the slim one shown in the picture for normal orientation and a longer one which will allow you to angle the flood light downwards.

They seem to make it with several different wattages so if 15 Watts is not enough, presumably each version comes with the two brackets.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

I was talking about the sensitivity setting that controls the triggering by blown leaves, small animals etc. which is not the same as the dusk setting. The SF unit linked to only has Dusk and Time controls. All of the PIR+Light fittings I've ever bought have had 3 controls.

Reply to
Davidm