Downlighters with switchable colour temp

.. so, how do they work? Special bulbs? My daughter has them in her kitchen. Pop the bezel off and you can choose from cool white, daylight or warm white. Look like pretty standard GU10 downlighters.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Not GU10 ones, but the switchable thin panel ones I've been told simply have multiple sets of LEDs.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Well I can make an educated guess that the white is made out of integrated LEDs of different colours and by changing the amount of light from the different colours one can change the apparent colour temperature. Certainly this is not a new idea, several illuminated magnifiers for the partially sighted had this feature almost as soon as white leds came along. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff