Indoor PIR LED floodlights

Turned an old bedroom into a hobby room. It's not used too often.
Annoyingly our caravan is parked alongside, so the window is quite filled - hence a low level of light to start with.
Having had a quick google it seems my suspicion that there's no such thing as an indoor PIR LED floodlight could be correct ?
On 04/06/18 16:22, Jethro_uk wrote:

Nothing stopping you from putting an outdoor one inside! or:
Google "internal pir lighting"
On 04/06/2018 16:28, Richard wrote:

I did fit some bulkhead wall lights last year that were labelled "for outdoor use only"!
--
Adam

On 04/06/18 19:11, ARW wrote:

Throw caution to the wind and install one indoors.
On 04/06/2018 19:16, Richard wrote:

I did:-)
And they still worked.
--
Adam

They might get too hot indoors. I have come across fittings that went through bulbs at a rate of knots, because there was no cooling breeze to keep the temperature down.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Unlikely. The outdoor ones have to be able to survive the sun shining on them.

On Mon, 04 Jun 2018 23:31:21 +0100, Jim K wrote:

True but they have to run some 125 to 175 deg C cooler or the LED chips overheat and die.
--
Johnny B Good

I'd not want a floodlight in a room really, surely more defuse but even lighting is better. Brian
--
----- -
On 04/06/2018 20:12, Brian Gaff wrote:

An LED 6 inch panel I would think more than enough light.Cheap on ebay.

I did, I used PAR38s before I changed to the Hue leds.

Don’t agree.

The outdoor ones work fine indoors.
And the Hue motion sensor can control any Hue lights you like. Not cheap tho.
On 04/06/2018 16:22, Jethro_uk wrote:

One hotel I use has PIR lighting in the bathrooms. All very well and good at stopping guests leaving the lights on (it does annoy me when someone in the room next door leaves the bathroom light and the bloody fan on all night!) but the downside it that when sitting on the bog for a while you get plunged into darkness and have to wave your arms around to turn the light back on!
Mike

I generally leave the bathroom lights on in hotels in order that I can find the loo in the night, but if there is no fan isolator, I jam the free ballpoint pen in the fan to stop it running.
--
Today is Pungenday, the 12th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3184
On 07/06/2018 10:28, Huge wrote:

I swapped the extractor fan at the last hotel I stopped at for the non working one in my van.
--
Adam

Not normally an option for me, although I have used my Leatherman to make various modifications to rooms in the past, usually getting a window open.
--
Today is Boomtime, the 16th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3184
On 11/06/2018 19:18, Huge wrote:

Why do hotels do that with windows?
--
Adam

[20 lines snipped]

To stop people jumping out of or dropping TV sets from them, I suspect.
--
Today is Boomtime, the 16th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3184
On Thursday, 7 June 2018 09:35:09 UTC+1, Muddymike wrote:

We have then in the toiulets here at uni. they seem to think that leaving them on all day and turning them off at night saves money.
I assume that is what the installers told everyone who had hold of the persons strings who then told everyone else that they ahve found a way of saving money on lighting by installing PIRs so they too got a kick-back or promotion for doing such a fine job.

I guess it depends on an individual but it always suprises me how many peole take something to read when they go to have a crap !, just how long does it take them ?