Badly translated instructions for a LED PIR floodlight

Look at the stats and realise that you're unlikely to catch it, and if you do only the elderly die. And none of that can happen if you're one of the 80% that are naturally immune. You're more likely to die of cancer or win the lottery.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

This is an international newsgroup and no laws were specified

So can the people living in your house. You can infect each other or you will infect no one if no contact. Being in the car is not the real issue.

You don't really know what he has to do.

Not here

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On Oct 20, 2020 at 5:23:33 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0ss91jl0wdg98l@glass>:

I am in the US where we STILL do not have a plan. And of course we do not know the long term impacts. And while it is more dangerous for the elderly it is hardly ONLY the elderly who die. I take rather strong precautions to avoid it.

I would love to see the evidence that 80% are *immune*... assuming you do not mean just partial immunity from having other corona viruses. I know I am going to continue to be as safe as I reasonably can be, though there are still risks one has to take.

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 20, 2020 at 5:53:27 PM MST, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote <bELjH.208486$ snipped-for-privacy@fx11.iad:

As long as you take precautions when getting gas and the like. We had essentially no contact with anyone except at gas stations, and then we wore gloves and otherwise worked to be safe.

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 20, 2020 at 2:53:19 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0ss225o0wdg98l@glass>:

Some other animals do -- some bats and elephants if I recall correctly. A few others.

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 20, 2020 at 2:52:40 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0ss212zvwdg98l@glass>:

Men tend to be far more violent and more prone to all sorts of health issues.

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 20, 2020 at 2:51:51 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0ss20pykwdg98l@glass>:

But then it would re-parrot and it would work fine. :)

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 20, 2020 at 2:31:49 PM MST, "Ralph Mowery" wrote snipped-for-privacy@news.east.earthlink.net>:

Very much so... in words and and accent. Not to the point where we generally cannot understand each other, but you can often tell what part of the country someone is from by some of their word choices.

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 20, 2020 at 1:51:30 PM MST, "Ralph Mowery" wrote snipped-for-privacy@news.east.earthlink.net>:

When I was in France I saw bathrooms for anyone of any gender. It was not an issue.

That is common in the UK and elsewhere.

Even among generations there is difference. I have teens -- they hardly speak and English I can understand at times. They are pretty good at translating... when they do not mind us old folks understanding.

Reply to
Snit

But some of us know where he 'lives' and can see the uk newsgroup in the newsgroup field.

Irrelevant when discussing his hours of car travel.

It is when that is illegal for so long there.

Corse I do when he is buying a parrot.

But is where he did that.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

And at EVERY age die more frequently.

Reply to
Fred

But they don?t in fact have pissours for women.

Reply to
Fred

On Oct 20, 2020 at 6:27:38 PM MST, ""Fred"" wrote snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>:

Generally just once.

Reply to
Snit

When we had a client in Puerto Rico most of the UI labels were done with Google translate. I'm sure they had a good laugh.

I once worked for a company that built hydraulic power units for a Russian project. My wife volunteered to translate the push button and switch labels. Her Russian was good enough to get around in Russia but her knowledge of industrial idiomatic expressions was non-existent.

Reply to
rbowman

My sister who was a professional multi-linguist once sent me some translations from German to English, it was technical, and her attempts to use technical terms were amusing to say the least. I sent it back corrected

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The interesting thing about the Puerto Rico project is we had a woman from Columbia who would sit in on conference calls to translate when some of the participants would start arguing among themselves in Spanish. She could get the gist of it but said the accent, vocabulary, and idioms were a lot different than South American Spanish.Mexican Spanish was a whole different game too.

I have the Oxford Duden Pictorial Dictionary for German. It has detailed drawings of everything from kitchens to machine shops with all the items you'd expect to find labeled in German. It doesn't work as a conventional dictionary but if you want to know what all the thing-a-ma-jigs in a plumber's workshop are it's great.

Reply to
rbowman

*Groan*!

Good one though! :-D

Reply to
David_B

I wonder if our American friends will understand! :-D

Reply to
David_B

What part of Who's gonna translate for free confused you?

Reply to
Hawk

You don't need one. The government does not need to meddle. Everyone is free to take their own precautions.

To avoid something which kills less than cancer even at the highest rate in April?

There was a cruise ship that was not allowed to dock near the start of all this. Everyone got infected. 80% showed no symptoms.

No, I mean no symptoms at all.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey