Modern locks are a pest

You must have a really shit car. Mine has an electronic oil guage, and warns me if there's is insufficient oil in the spare area - the sump. If I wish, I can press a button and get it to show me exactly how full it is.

Even on shit cars, the light means it's not pumping well. If you stop as soon as that happens and add oil, you cannot possibly damage the engine. Do you seriously think they'd fit a warning light that tells you you're too late?

What about your fuel warning light? Does that come on when the tank is empty? Telling you what you now already know as your engine has stopped? Or perhaps it tells you when you have 40 miles left to go, so you can fill up. Use some f****ng common sense.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Wong, as always. Its actually the simpler ones that need more maintenance because the more complicated ones generally do the maintenance themselves.

That's why bicycles need more maintenance than modern cars which no just need tires and break pads to be maintained.

Yep, you never have had a f****ng clue about anything mechanical, or anything else at all, either.

Try that with a bicycle and see how far you get.

Try that with an old pre computer car and see how far you get, literally.

You're so f****ng stupid that when the engine temperature warning light comes on, you ignore that and kill the engine, repeatedly.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you have never ever had a f****ng clue about anything at all, ever.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you have never ever had a f****ng clue about anything at all, ever.

Doesn't involve wear due to inadequate lubrication, f****it.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I doubt the crazy scotsman even drives a motorized vehicle - if he does it won't last long - likely buys or pinches a different car every year or two.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

They don't last very long at all.

- likely buys or pinches a different car every

And buys the cheapest frog shit he can find.

Reply to
Jake56

£500 for 4 years sounds good to me. You morons that spend £20,000 on a car then sell it for £10,000 a few years later are the fools.

You are Rod Speed and I claim my £5.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

We saw it in the f****ng film you moron! 3 inches of the door remained securely attached to the frame all the way round! Are you f****ng blind?!? The handle was still there!

You really are stupid aren't you? The CENTRE of the door was broken. The lock type is irrelevant. The strength of the DOOR ITSELF is what matters.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The point flew over the Aussie's head.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Nope, look it up, it's a common problem.

I shouldn't have to. Traditional locks never needed caring for.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Agreed, so no point in any security measures whatsoever. I broke into my neighbour's house by removing the seal around their window then lifting the glazing out.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Mostly correct, except I don't have one, I'd remove it if I did.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

We'll see...

Because it was plastic, f****it.

Wrong, as always.

Only terminal fuckwits use plastic doors.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Wrong, as always.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Wrong, as always. All you have to do is make your place harder to get into and much more risk of getting caught to have the burglar loot someone else's place instead.

You cant get into my place that way.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You haven't a clue what goes on in bearings, have you? Oil aeration is a bearing killer and it's happening when you have low oil, that's even before the light comes on.

If you don't mind, I'll use my 55 years in the motor trade instead. I have seen more than a few drivers who lack common sense. You are one such.

Reply to
Xeno

I really think you've nailed it.

Reply to
Xeno

Xeno: It's 'Commander Kinsey', fully paid up underbridge dweller.

"You haven't a clue" is all that you need to say

Nah. he's just winding you up.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Except that he isnt a scotsman, he is a sassenach.

Reply to
Rod Speed

What's stupid about wanting a door to be easy to operate?

Why make things more complicated than they have to be?

It is not better to have to use two hands to lock the f****ng door!

They do on every single door, even 7 point ones, when you're opening it.

Not possible to move that much stuff with a tiny key.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You don't need thre prefix "brute" to break a flimsy little key. Keys are not designed to move 7 locks simultaneously.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey