Modern locks are a pest

Because there is nothing worth stealing and no one is actually stupid enough to go inside a wreck of a dump with all those used syringes lying around.

Wrong, as always.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You don't need any lock, you don't have anything worth stealing.

Yep, you are too stupid/blotto/drug crazed to manage anything more complicated than that.

Wrong, as always. Car locks don't.

Wrong, as always.

Reply to
Rod Speed

No.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Unless you secure every single part of your house, they'll find a way to break in. Maybe your country should invest in better police? Must be difficult when you're all descended from criminals though.

Anything mechanical breaks.

And when they do go wrong it's harder or more expensive to fix.

Indeed, I have one. But it's not 7 points. It just operates part of the Yale lock.

How do you open the door then?

You cannae break the laws of physics captain!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Intelligence cannot magically make a key stronger.

There's only one turned by the key. The others are electrical.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Corse it is.

Reply to
Rod Speed

In fact all you have to do is to make it harder to break into yours and easier to get caught trying to do that to see the druggy loot someone else's place.

Makes more sense to make it harder to get in because the cops will always take time to show up.

That's bullshit when you cant get to it at all.

That's pig ignorant drivel too. The OBD2 thing tells you which sensor has died and its trivial to change that.

Which is trivial to break. Not even possible with the best electronic locks because there is nothing to break from outside the house.

The lock sees the RFID or the mobile phone.

No laws of physics involved when the the tiny key tells the rest of the system to unlock the door, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It stops fools breaking keys.

There is no key involved, Its only there in case the electronic lock fails.

ALL the locks are electrical, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Pontiac never built a Toronado. It was an Oldsmobile and was not a "low cost" car by any stretch of the imagination, and torque stear was NOT a derious problem - but it was also never available without power steering. More important was the negative scrub geometry and equal length half shafts. For a VERY torquy engine the handling was VERY civilized

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Yep, I caught that about a second after I hit Send.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Why Rod, what an assumption you are making there! LOL

Reply to
Xeno

Yep, power steering and equal length half shafts, that cuts the torque steer to manageable proportions. I'd bet the negative scrub radius was kept to a minimum as well. It would likely still exhibit a little torque steer scrabble under acceleration on loose surfaces.

Reply to
Xeno

No assumption, we have the videos.

Reply to
Rod Speed

No, because traditionally a handle is for opening and closing. A key is for locking and unlocking.

No such thing as a good lord.

I've never had to do that with a normal lock.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Mine is 135.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I'm English. I live here because there's more space and nicer scenery. Unfortunately I'm surrounded by left wing morons. If we get independance I might leave.

What a palava. Traditional door, nice and simple, two catches, one for the handle and one for the lock.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Just what unit of measurement did you think I was using up there?!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey