Modern locks are a pest

So the solution was to make a light which is meaningless.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

No, the engineer decided it would be a good idea to simply tell the driver when he needs to add oil, not that he should have added it last week. Does your stomach tell you you're hungry after you've died of starvation?

Get your OCD treated.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The complexity is needed because of *simple users*.

Many doors require but one hand. Maybe the designer decided you needed mental exercise.

The mechanism internally takes care of the load. Think of car window regulators (winders) - note how manually winding a side window up or down seems to require about equal force - and not a lot at that. A little complication in the window regulator makes life much easier for the weak at the knees people like you. Of course, even that wasn't enough so manufacturers now fit motorised window regulators - such is the lack of brain power of the users.

Reply to
Xeno

Ain't that the truth! ;-)

Reply to
Xeno

I never lose keys.

It doesn't false trigger. I made sure of that.

Reply to
Xeno

I do that but in all my years of home ownership I have never had to use it. When I was growing up in the 50s and 60s we never even locked our house, even when we went away. I never owned a house key until I moved out of home and rented in the city. New experience, that was.

Reply to
Xeno

Only to idiots.

Reply to
Xeno

Because its better than no light at and wait for the engine to seize up solid,

Hopeless if you have a decent leak and the oil runs out when using it.

Typical frog shit.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You need to understand the oil PRESSIRE light is NOT to tell you when the oil level is low. That'swhat a dipstick is for - or the low oil level indicator on a very limited number of vehicles (the Toyota "egg" van with the engine under the seat comes to mind) and small engines on lawn tractors etc that don't have a pressurized lubrication system - (usually shuts off the ignition if the oil level drops)

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Can't get Kinzie fired - the grifter has likely never worked a day in his life - he's too dumb even for digging ditches (or cutting peat) He's just a "dumb ass"

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Doesn’t explain why the computer cant check the pressure when the engine isnt idling and only turn on the light when it is too low when not idling;

Reply to
Rod Speed

Lot better than not telling the driver at all.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The computer does check the pressure *if* it is fitted with a suitable sensor. In fact, a lot of engines will *stop* or *warn* the operator/driver if the oil pressure sensor sees too low a pressure. Just depends on the sensor used and how it is incorporated into the system.

You can have something like this;

Manufacturers have tried to make car operation foolproof but have discovered fools are very ingenious - they find ways to stuff things up.

Like this simple device;

But those ingenious fools bypass/disconnect the low oil switch. They are a simple arrangement, as soon as low oil level is detected the switch activates shorting the ignition or similar.

It is very difficult to make things foolproof - as you so often prove.

Reply to
Xeno

But that is all very basic design stuff.

<reams of irrelevant shit flushed where it belongs>
Reply to
Rod Speed

Of course it is. Never said it wasn't and it's been around on engines for a long time. Has been used in unattended stationary engines for yonks.

To you it's irrelevant. But then, you're not a mechanic.

Reply to
Xeno

So what is this oil pressure light for? If the damage has already been done, there's no point in warning the driver. Every single car in existance should simply have an electronic dipstick. Just like the petrol gauge, but for the oil, simple!

Anyway, you're wrong. My friend drove his car (a Ford Probe) 300 miles with the oil warning light on. I suggested it was something he should get round to more quickly. He added oil, the car still runs. Light, more sensitive to lack of oil than engine. Any other way round, illogical and very very bad design.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

A ditch digger is more intelligent than a mechanic. Or someone who can't spell "arse". An ass is a

Commander Kinsey

My point exactly, why pick the lock when you can break down the large surface area?

Force doesn't need access. Picking needs access.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

To encourage those who have been too stupid to check the dipstick or have had the car develop a major oil leak to do something about it.

It hasn't in the sense that the engine isnt usable if more oil is added or the oil leak has been fixed.

Yes there is because it can see the engine seize solid.

Not necessary if you have enough of a clue to check the dip stick occasionally. Oil isnt consumed like petrol is, stupid.

But that may just have been a failed oil pressure sensor.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Nope.

Because you cant break the best doors, only the stupid plastic shit you fools use and the doors with glass panels in them and other pathetic doors.

Corse it does when you are smashing the lock.

That too.

Reply to
Rod Speed