Cyclists waste petrol

e:

I assume they do what the machine does and check the balance first. Som= ething weird happens with our machines, I think they take =A3100 from yo= ur card when you insert it, then refund what you don't use out of that w= hen you've finished. You don't have to reinsert the card. Presumably i= f you only had =A340 in the card, it would stop pumping at =A340. I've = never had a card with under =A3100 in it, and I've never tried to take m= ore than =A3100 of petrol, so I don't know what it does.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

That's wrong when the card has only $30 available and you don't want to have to fart around when you manage to end up putting $30.02 of petrol in the car. With the pumps that allow you to put the card in the pump, that will see the payment fail and you have to fart around getting that manually overridden, if that is actually possible.

And anyway, when the pump does allow your to specify the dollar amount to be supplied, might as well use that feature instead of trying to ensure that you don't go over what what is available on the card.

More convenient for him to tell the pump to supply $10 and just plonk the $10 on the counter and walk out.

It isnt pointless when you have to fart around after you have managed to pump a little more than the card has on it into your tank.

Much more convenient to tell the pump how much to supply.

It's a lot more than a few cents. And it isnt just for the interest, its also much more convenient to have it always completely automatic.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Irrelevant.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Not possible when you don't know how much will be pumped. It can't check that the maximum possible to be pumped can be paid for because plenty will just pump what they can pay for.

Wouldn't be hard to test if you have more than one card and only a stupid has only one card.

Reply to
Rod Speed

My beard is longer than his and I'm a lot older.

Reply to
rbowman

Nothing like being illiterate... I've had that problem in Quebec. My grandmother was from there but she left her French at the border.

Reply to
rbowman

Which are?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

And you still haven't learned how to shave?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Did that a lot more than half a century ago now, and arent actually stupid enough to keep doing it now, or actually stupid enough to shave my legs either.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Having pubic hair all over your face is disgusting. You shouldn't be allowed into shops, bits might drop off.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

It isnt pubic hair.

Didn't realise you shave your entire head every day.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Renting isn't necessarily more expensive when you factor in the mortgage, taxes, and upkeep on your 'investment'. I've lived in at least two apartments and a rental house where I made modifications. In one case the landlord footed the bill for materials.

Finally, if you live in an RV you get to keep it. And modify it. Lot rent is quite a bit less than rental properties.

Living in a tent isn't bad. I lived in my pickup for much of 1988 and

1989. Technically I suppose I was homeless but it was my choice. Home was anyplace in the US where I parked it.
Reply to
rbowman

A beard is better than the 'I shaved three days ago' style adopted by the millenials. I'm not sure how they maintain the appearance but it must be more work than either shaving or not.

Reply to
rbowman

Buy using a trimmer instead of a shaver.

No it isnt, it is a lot less work to use a trimmer than a shaver.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I've seen places for rent at twice the cost of my mortgage, and the house is half the size. That's a fourfold difference.

I take it RV means campervan? Those depreciate way faster than houses.

I need space for belongings.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

How can it be easier to leave a precise amount instead of none?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Maybe they just can't grow more than that? Tell them they have bumfluff, that'll annoy them. Incase that doesn't mean anything over there, it's what the British say about a young male who can't yet grow a proper moustache.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

You don't leave a precise amount, the teeth on the trimmer do that.

With shaving, you have to check that you havent missed anything and its more than one pass to get it off even with the best shaver.

Reply to
Rod Speed

And I've seen the counter-example.

If you don't plan on selling it who cares? Besides, as you argued for automobiles, buy them used after they depreciate.

When I left NH if it didn't fit in the pickup I didn't need it. Right now I've been stationary too long and the shit is accumulating. MP3s and Kindles are great inventions; electrons take up a lot less room than books, tapes, and CDs.

Reply to
rbowman

I don't understand why they're still using steel on any vehicle, it's ridiculous.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife