Cyclists waste petrol

I really pissed off a horserider once. I was driving a very old Range Rover automatic which had a conversion to LPG. It very often misfired, made loud bangs, and changed gear without warning. I managed to cause a small explosion and a loud revving of the engine just as I passed a horserider coming the other way along a narrow country road. The horse shit itself, and so did the rider.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I can, but it wont go around corners in the gear, so no point.

I do in fact often leave it in 5th when going thru a village with its 50Km speed limit which has the 100Km speed limit on the roads outside it, but they don't have corners in the bit of the road you use moving thru that village.

I'm not a desperate pov that needs to use the minimum of fuel and it's a very fuel efficient car in the first place, when using 3rd and 2nd around town.

It doesn't round corners in 5th.

It's the exact opposite.

Clearly it isnt yours.

We do indeed.

But don't drive at 10-15mph over the speed limit because of the congestion.

Any cop car here can do you for speeding, and the don't have to be stationary either.

Because that was relevant to all 3 of those pathetic excuses for trolls of yours.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yes, well that's the UK... I'm sure you read enough US news to realize this is not the UK.

rbowman

I've been avoiding a project that's been going on all summer but I finally took that street. It's great! They replaced two straightforward entrance/exit ramps with two small roundabouts back to back. It's a hoot on a bike!

Unfortunately roundabouts are not native to this part of the country and people don't deal with them too well.

Reply to
rbowman

I did better than that... I was coming down a narrow road that went past a dude ranch on my Harley. Coming the other was was a herd of dudes on their docile refugees from a canning factory led by a genuine wild west cowboy. Shithead's horse had a nervous breakdown while the guests' nags barely roused from their stupor.

it doesn't take much to set them off. I've worked with horses enough to know most of them are a neurotic bundle of nerves. If the horse can't handle public roads, trailer it to a nice quiet horse trail someplace.

Reply to
rbowman

What surprised me there was that they actually arrested her at all.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Roundabouts are brilliant, no lights to wait for when there;s nothing coming the other way, there's always someone using the junction.

And I love cutting in front of fuckwits who don't bother indicating right (in your case I guess left).

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

It's called being warm blooded. Put a tropical fish in cold water and it dies. Put a mammal in cold water and it shivers.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Dunno, don't care.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

How f***ed up do you have to be to think you're in your house when you're in someone else's? She deserves everything she gets.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Indeed, in America they usually just shoot you.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

There are some things you just can't spin. In this state he could have shot her and called the cops to haul her away.

Reply to
rbowman

Leave the mammal in cold enough water for long enough and it dies.

Reply to
Rod Speed

There might just be a reason for that immortal 'little boxes' line.

We'll see if she gets anything. This one didn't.

Rod Speed

They hardly ever do that with cops.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Everybody shoots everybody over there, they haven't grown up yet.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Didn't notice Obama shooting anyone.

Reply to