Cyclists waste petrol

When a cyclist uses a busy road, he slows down all the cars, making them less efficient, using a lower gear, overtaking, changing speed, etc. So you bastards aren't green at all.

It's "breathe".
And text consumes fuck all bandwidth.
On 09/09/18 03:20, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Sew hwot yew pedent.
Plenty 4x4s, which you lot call trucks. A truck is actually a lorry and weighs 50 tonnes fully laden.

On 09/08/2018 09:20 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

If it ain't a Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6×6 it ain't a real truck.

and

Anyone with a BMW or Merc has more money than sense.
On 09/08/2018 12:24 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I've never been very impressed by them. I did have an Audi once and we didn't get along well either.
The BMW motorcycle riders tend to be more of the same. The club came through town and there were several arrests and one fatality iirc. When the Hells Angels came here on vacation there were many arrests -- all of local kids protesting the cops treatment of them. The police chief got fired over that fiasco. Turns out you can't import out of state cops to swell your ranks in this state.
I wouldn't mind an old RS80 or such but the new BMW bikes are overpriced and a nightmare to work on.
<snip> >I wouldn't mind an old RS80 or such
I'm guessing you mean an R80RS?
R (series), 80 (800cc) RS (Renn/Reisesport (Sports tourer)).
I have a R80 (naked R series 800cc aircooled twin) and a R100RT (1000cc Reise (Travel) Tourer).

But seem to be selling well, because they are very competent? I think things like this go though several phases of complexity ... from yer basic points and carbs, to some electronics but little in the way of any intelligent diagnostics to the all singing computer controlled thingy that are relatively easy to diagnose / tune (with the right kit).
When the clutch splines stripped on my R100RT at 35K miles I borrowed a Yamaha 900 Diversion for a week with the thought of replacing the RT with such.
I only road the 900 Divvy twice in the week I had it and whilst it was very good at what it did, it wasn't what I wanted from my motorcycling (no 'character').
Cheers, T i m.

You bastards dinnae like it when you're cycling on the cheap shit non-steamrolled tarmac and the stone chips fly into your face. Ha!

And I laugh.
On 08/09/2018 13:51, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

+1 Especially if riding in groups wearing lycra.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

Cars aren't allowed to drive two abreast, so why cyclists?
On 09/08/2018 06:51 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Around here they just run over the cyclists. If the F350 doesn't get them the horse trailer will..
I'm becoming a pussy in my old age and really like dedicated bike paths. Sharing narrow, shoulderless roads with traffic isn't my thing anymore.

Sharing them when there's a cycle path right next to the bloody road is insanity, yet they all do it around here.
On 09/08/2018 12:23 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I've seen that. They are usually dressed in gaily colored Lycra to boot. Personally the further I get from the road on a bicycle the better I like it. Fortunately there are quite a few paths around here for recreational riding.

the problem is when I'm cycling I hate motorists and bikers......when I'm on a bike I hate cyclists and motorists......when I'm in my car I hate bikers and motorists........wonder what will happen when I get and build up my escooter and ride on the road and in cycle lanes and bus lanes.......probably hate EVERYBODY......except myself for having discovered the best way to travel around locally ....
On 09/09/2018 01:11 AM, Jimbore at the trailer trash park ... wrote:

You left a few out... When I'm walking in the woods I hate mountain bikers, unless I'm on a mountain bike of course. If I'm on my dualsport motorcycle, both are unacceptable. Horses are a pain in the ass no matter what my mode of transportation is. That goes double if I'm trying to ride the damn thing.
Oh, and quads suck. Until I get too old to deal with two wheels and then I guess a quad would be okay.

I really pissed off a horserider once. I was driving a very old Range Rover automatic which had a conversion to LPG. It very often misfired, made loud bangs, and changed gear without warning. I managed to cause a small explosion and a loud revving of the engine just as I passed a horserider coming the other way along a narrow country road. The horse shit itself, and so did the rider.
On 09/09/2018 01:08 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I did better than that... I was coming down a narrow road that went past a dude ranch on my Harley. Coming the other was was a herd of dudes on their docile refugees from a canning factory led by a genuine wild west cowboy. Shithead's horse had a nervous breakdown while the guests' nags barely roused from their stupor.
it doesn't take much to set them off. I've worked with horses enough to know most of them are a neurotic bundle of nerves. If the horse can't handle public roads, trailer it to a nice quiet horse trail someplace.