Cyclists waste petrol

Because it works better not distributing the high voltage thru the distributor. And because it works better with modern computer controlled engines.

Reply to
Rod Speed

When we still had =A31 notes, I saw them in a terrible state, and the da= te on them was well in hte past, like 10 years. If you're correct, then= surely in that 10 years a bank must have seen them?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Bullshit.

Never hurt my back.

Even sillier than you usually manage with FWD cars.

Says the psychopath.

Reply to
Rod Speed

They're actually quite a bit smarter than most, just a neurotic bundle of nerves. They basically evolved that way because they are prey to stuff like lions and tigers etc.

Reply to
Rod Speed

There are still slang terms for your decimal coins and notes.

Reply to
Rod Speed

No rust on my Getz and it's a long way out of warranty now.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Corse they did, and didn't bother to pulp them.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It eliminates the moving parts of the distributor and the high tension wires. Even without the old mechanical points, that is still a couple of areas of potential failure. The ECU is capable of delivering a timed pulse.

Reply to
rbowman

A common description around here is a cowboy is the third dumbest critter riding the second dumbest and chasing the first dumbest.

Reply to
rbowman

At one time I worked on a Forest Service ranch that was the winter home for about 250 head of saddle and pack stock, both mules and horses. I preferred the mules. The only problem is a mule is smart enough to look out for number one while you can coax a horse into doing stupid things. otoh, most mules aren't afraid of a length of rope laying in the trail, running water, tree branches blowing in the wind, llamas, bicycles, elk, deer, shadows, or whatever else will trigger a horse.

I've packed with llamas and they are equally neurotic. More cowboy humor:

Q. How do you pack a llama? A. Quarter them, just like an elk.

Reply to
rbowman

Only if you live in a swamp.

Reply to
rbowman

This should be fun, explaining it to someone who by their own admission hasn't a clue of how an IC engine works...

Reply to
rbowman

Yeah, bet he doesn't even know what a distributor does.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It is much more comfortable to go over a speedbump on a bicycle.

Reply to
Peter Keller

te:

rote:

ROTFPMSL! The EU strikes again!

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country be= longing to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enfor= ces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access c= annot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact newsdesk@missouli= an.com or call 866-839-6397.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

e:

ote:

We seem to have halfway between. They mean that pedestrians are stood d= irectly in front of oncoming traffic which has to swerve round them. A = monumentally stupid idea.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Give us a street view of one of them.

Ours have massive concrete things on the road which means that no one ever drives there.

Sounds like it.

Reply to
Rod Speed

ote:

I reported this to the council too. The priority sign (to tell which si= de to wait for the other) requires you to stop when going downhill, just= after a blind bend, very dangerous in the winter. Then there's a pedes= trian stood on the sticky out bit ready to be flattened by a sliding bus= . When I suggested they reverse the priorities, they told me they didn'= t want to inconvenience people by having them do a hill start. When I s= uggested that everyone learns to do a hillstart in their driving test, I= got no further replies.

They don't look that big, and they seem to have slopes on the edge so yo= u could go over them easily, much like ours:

I just drive straight over those. I once parked quite close to one (for about 5 minutes), requiring passin= g cars to mount one of the lumps. Some idiot got out and complained he = couldn't get through. I asked him why he was driving a car without susp= ension then walked off. He eventually drove over it very carefully.

Councils have way too much money to spend. At least our Conservative pa= rty is reducing their funding, but not by anywhere near enough.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

That's surprising, I always see temporary electric fence.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Or an island like the UK.

Reply to