Cyclists waste petrol

Not when the lights are off and you are focussing on the silhouette of what you believe is an intruder who has broken into your flat thru the front door and that's why the front door was ajar and not locked as you left it.

None of which would be visible with the lights off.

Reply to
Rod Speed

First rule of cop craft -- no witnesses.

Reply to
rbowman

I would agree on Roosevelt, Ike maybe.

Reply to
rbowman

Those aren't civilians; those a collateral damage. Goats, sheep, wedding parties, funerals, oopsie.

Reply to
rbowman

The enemy is the enemy, the whole lot should be destroyed.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

People oughta live in better accommodation.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Wrong, fat people feel the cold the same, they have more insulation but a slower metabolic rate, they can create less heat.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Only if it runs out of energy.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I'm skinny BECAUSE of the cold. You can burn 400 to 1600 calories per hour by being cold, in addition to what you're burning through exercise.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Doesn't necessarily help. Even with separate houses, plenty have managed to confuse one with the next one in the dark with no lights on.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Are these the same morons that need daytime running lights to see in bright sunshine? I've never ever mistaken my house for another. They are all completely different. If it was dark enough not to distinguish them, it would also be dark enough to be falling over as you couldn't see 2 feet in front of you.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

No they don't. And I know that because a mate of mine was by far the fattest person I have ever known in person, tho I have seen fatter ones in docos. Its killed him now.

Like hell they have. They are fatter because they shovel much more food into their mouths. He was notorious when they all headed off to north queensland to sit around in the camping ground getting pissed, playing gin rummy and swatting the midges in out winter. Whenever they stopped for a tea break in one of the towns en route with them all in their various RVs, him and his wife in their Winnebago, he'd make a bee line for the cake shop, buy a whole box of cream cakes and scoff the lot, twice a day.

He was also notorious for making a loaf of bread in the bread machine and scoffing the whole thing ladled with butter and jam straight out of the bread machine.

Wrong.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That's coz yours is a hovel.

That right ?

I never bother with a torch when walking in the dark in the park next to my house and there are no street lights there at all. Never fall over.

Reply to
Rod Speed

you are Katie Hopkins and I claim my half crown ......

Reply to
mannequin of mirth ...

You have ONE example. Everyone feels the cold differently, whether they're fat or not. Fat is nothing to do with it.

Can be. But some people simply can't lose weight, even if they go on a diet.

Go look up metabolic rate. People with a high metabolic rate are skinny, as they burn all their fat off, they can also keep warm far more easily.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I don't tend to replace anything unless there's a problem.

Do you know what would cause my engine (1.6 litre petrol, no turbo) to misfire (it stutters) when I put my foot more than half way down and the revs are under 2000? Some days are worse than others, it doesn't always do it. Just suddenly started 2 weeks ago, slowly getting worse. Engine is 75K miles and 16 years old.

Oh come on, it's always sunny in Australia!

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

The owner/mechanic that did one of my MOTs did say that someone had blown up their Getz engine by not bothering to any oil changes.

Hard to see that it could be fault with the petrol pump not being able to pump as well as it used to given that you'd expect that to be more of a problem with higher revs rather than lower revs.

Is there any correlation with how warm the day is ?

That does suggest it's a fault rather than a design problem. May well be one of the sensors that the computer control system uses to decide how much petrol to inject is flaky.

I'd get an ODB2 thing and see if that reports anything.

Bugger, that must mean I need new glasses or something.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yet you seem to get away with very little oil changes in all your cars. And so do I.

Agreed.

The temperature hasn't changed much recently, it's been around 15C. We've had damp and dry days which caused no change.

May well be, I know the computer's a bit f***ed, as the last MOT had it saying there was an ABS fault (the warning lamp is on), yet when the garage connected it up, it claimed nothing was wrong. So he just left it.

I disconnect the battery every night as the alarm (I think, I've disconnected all the fuses and it still does it) runs the battery (a brand new battery) flat overnight. This might annoy the computer?

I'll ask the local garage to do a check if it annoys me enough. There's one down the road that does fancy shit for boy racers and they have loads of equipment.

Well you're always telling me the UK is soggy. This implies you get much nicer weather.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Yeah, I did wonder about that. The Getz was making an odd clicking noise when idling which did cause me to do an oil change and filter change, presumably she just ignored that until the engine died. Or maybe it had a fault as well or something.

But don't you sometimes go out early and sometimes in the arvo etc ?

That can just be a flaky connector.

Yeah, its clearly got a problem.

Certainly some do learn stuff and don't keep the learned data in NVRAM and have to learn again after a battery change.

OBD2 sensors cost peanuts, $5 or so. But you do need a smartphone or tablet to read them easily. Possible with a laptop but not quite as easily.

Might well allow you to work out what is flattening the battery overnight too and so much more convenient than having to disconnect the battery every night.

We do, but that doesn't mean that its always sunny.

Current forecast for the best day is 22C and cloudy and since its an outdoor event, I wont bother if its going to be raining.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I assume you mean when paying by cash. I've never seen a cash pump in the UK. I use a debit card, I put it in first, then it charges me for however much gas I take.

In the UK, they both use Visa/Mastercard. So a debit card will work absolutely anywhere a credit card will. In fact it's better as it doesn't charge the shop so much percentage, so small shops prefer them. Some small shops add a fee if I buy with a credit card.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife