American mailboxes

Which is why in the UK we don't have boxes at all.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

If you're reinforcing it to prevent damage, that's not a booby trap.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Wouldn't it be easier just to blow up the whole of the USA?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Do you speak Spanish?

Reply to
gfretwell

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 23:07:53 -0000, Uncle Monster w= rote:

times more likely in your backwards country.

ry is too damn stupid to realize what's happening, they're all too polit= ically correct.

d it's flopping around dying a slow painful death and will be tossed on = a bonfire when it stops squealing. Whiny little Liberal Leftist weasels = are being told to STFU here in The U.S. much more often now. Muslims sta= y home! =E3=83=BD(=E0=B2=A0_=E0=B2=A0)=E3=83=8E

May Trump continue through many terms.

-- =

I never would have married you if I knew how stupid you were!" shouted t= he woman to her husband. The husband replied, "You should've known how stupid I was the minute I = asked you to marry me!"

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Somebody must be buying these, or amazon.co.uk wouldn't sell them:

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@red.lan:

Maybe this has already been answered but here I put the flag up if there is mail to be picked up. The PO puts it down after delivery. The PO doesn't put any flag up to signal they put mail in the box - I alwaus have to check to see if I have mail. There are gadgets to tell you remotely if the mailbox has been opened but if you had mail in the box for pickup that wouldn't signal you that delivered mail had been left.

Reply to
KenK

These days you can put a camera in the box pretty cheaply, if you already have cameras around the house. You could power it with a solar collector. You might also get a picture of the guy who steals your mail if that happens.

Reply to
gfretwell

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 22:21:48 -0000, Uncle Monster w= rote:

ote:

ts while the native population of Western 1st World countries are having= few if any children. Anyone who says Caucasians need to have more child= ren is called a racist. It could come to pass in my lifetime that the na= tive people of Western countries go to war with the invasive species fro= m the Muslim world. Lots of guns will be used. =E2=94=8C( =E0=B2=A0_=E0=B2= =A0)=E2=94=98

The Muslims use weapons too. They outnumber the yanks and will destroy = you.

-- =

Imagine you are a child in your mother's womb, can you detect light? Only during ballet practice.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

So get on with it then.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Bugger all. I speak a little French and a smaller amount of German. Why do you ask? (Since you've snipped almost all of the context, I have no idea what this conversation is about. Please learn to use newsgroups correctly).

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Are they manually erected then? I can't se how the box distinguishes otherwise, I thought it was a weight sensor.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

The odd person with a vicious uncontrollable dog that eats mail and/or postman's fingers. But most don't use them here.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I always though you had a flag to see if it was worth walking over to get your mail. Easy enough to have a moveable base to the container that lifts a flag.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Where did you get that stupid idea from?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

The flag to collect is on the top. You put it up when you put in mail for pickup, the mailman puts it down when he does.

The yellow flag is on the side. It turns up when the mailman opens the door, you put it back down after you collect the mail. Not every box has the yellow flag.

Ed Pawlowski

The same guy that picks up the mail also delivers it so there is a good chance you have something in the box if it was opened. I'd guess at 90% from my experience.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

This is America, we always get mail. Sales junk, political junk, charity junk, religious junk and occasionally something we actually want. My wife and I do a lot of online shopping so we do get plenty of stuff we want tho. The thing that amazes me is I can buy a product shipped from China cheaper than I can ship it to California. It is a glitch in the postal laws that allows them to pay the postal rate there (probably free) and we have to carry it the rest of the way free here.

Reply to
gfretwell

When I put out mail, I manually raise the red flag. When the postman picks up the outgoing mail, he manually puts the red flag down.

When the postman puts mail in the box (whether or not there is outgoing mail), the yellow flag raises automatically; it has a tab that catches on the mailbox door that pushes the flag up. When I retrieve my mail, I manually put the yellow flag back down.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

We even get sales junk and charity junk disguised as personal letters. Some of the charity junk appears to come from someone on this block.

[snip]
Reply to
Mark Lloyd