Anyone got any good xmas diyish gift / gadget ideas?

Things you have seen or have on your wish list?

(needing some inspiration!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Are you the sender or recipient?

A pair of braces would be a stocking-filler

If Santa is being very generous, a pair of ear defenders with bluetooth for listening to music in the workshop

Or maybe a handy toolbar

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Might as well add some I have found:

Very ow profile right angle hex screwdriver bit adaptor - invaluable for getting at screws that are otherwise impossible:

Love these for woodwork etc where you want full dexterity, but would welcome some extra protection and loads of extra grip:

John Rumm

Luckily we have been gifted with not being dragged into the whole Xmyth / commercial thing so don't have to worry about such matters. ;-)

We have even threatened to send a video of the few Xmyth cards we do get going though the shredder unopened to the senders (in the hope that they will finally get the message) but not actually gotrountuit yet. No problem if we hadn't told them we would prefer they gave *all* the money to charity but they don't seem to understand? I think some people get the same mental illness from Xmyth as they do from cats! ;-)

I'm just looking forward to it all being over and the world getting back to normal again ... when we don't have to queue behind someone with enough food in their trolley to feed a small African town for several weeks when we just want some milk, eggs and bread. ;-(

'Here Johnny, go and sit on the lap of that stranger with the big white beard ... and if you are good he'll get into our house in the night a leave you something ...'

And we wonder why kids don't respect their parents after learning about all those lies ... ;-(

Seasons greetings. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. If we did Xmyth, the sort of thing I would like would be a new Leatherman PST II (but they don't make them any more and the nearest new one was a 'Collectors edition' model, signed by Tim Leatherman himself but $274).

Reply to
T i m

A really decent set of screwdrivers never goes amiss. Something like Wera. Not a set with every conceivable size - just the common ones.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've just watched the latest Skillbuilder video where Bisby uses a split ring spanner for compression joints, looks a lot easier than a Stilson.

Like this:

Reentrant

So how are you going to do that then?

Reply to
ARW

Are there people who send xmas [xmyth] cards without personalised envelopes that have the sender's address printed on the flap?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Yes

Reply to
ARW

I've just bought (but not really tried yet) a wowstick. Looks OK though.

Reply to
Bob Eager
<snip>

Isn't that blasphemy?

If you were actually talking to me, sorry if I've spoiled you enjoying the Commercial spirit of Xmyth?

You keep sending yer bits of folded cardboard if it makes you happy, just don't bother sending one to me (thanks).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Really?

Video it on my phone and email them the video or link to it?

Which is part of the irony of course, being sent a bit of folded cardboard from someone who could easier send a personal email or call the phone?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I've been looking for an audible spirit level for years. Yes you can get them in combination with talking rules and apps for your smart phone but a simple cheap device which goes quiet when 3 dimensionally level not on your life. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You can get a single axis digital level for under twenty quid, they have an LCD readout which is no use to you, but they beep when they're actually level ...

Make the noise!

Reply to
Andy Burns

Some passable brandy - eg Berry Bros. & Rudd do a small case (3 bottles) of Tiffon for £116? I don't expect you to feel the need for such after DIY (unlike me). But I thought even you might feel the need for it on occasion after reading posts to uk.d-i-y :)

Reply to
Robin

Not even if rolled up without any lube?

Reply to
ARW

Normal people who send Xmas cards put their names inside the Xmas card.

Reply to
ARW
<snip>

Just because that sort of thing is on your Xmyth list ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

How many sets of screwdrivers can you get through in a year?

Reply to
ARW

All it needs is a card with something inside it to shag a shredder.

Reply to
ARW