Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

MCCULLOCH CHAINSAW LEAKS
I inherited this chainsaw, and it looks and works pretty good for its size. But the chain-oil slowly oozes (leaks) out when the saw just sits unused on the table. I have disassembled it, and see...
2
2

Identifying Mushrooms
Howdy folks, can someone identify these front yard mushrooms and give me = some pointers on how to tell if they are edible or not? Location is So = Calif. Thanks in advance. Bob
16
16

Total Newbie Needs Help
Hi Guys. So...I've never had a lawn before and the one I've just bought (worry not, there was a house attached) is a mess - even I know that. A firm is laying a new drive and have quoted me for laying...
2
2

Washing Line Hole Blocked.
Hi, We have a rotary washing line in the middle of our lawn. The support hole in the ground is lined with a piece of scaffolding tube, the tube from the rotary washing line slips inside that. Over...
2
2

Lawn disease
I have heard that a good treatment for fungal infection is a mixture of water, baking soda, cooking oil, and washing up liquid, and what are the possible problems/out comes. I think the infections are...
1
1

EPA/CARB-mandated Blitz portable gasoline containers (additional gas can rant)
Q: If you know of a good source for the replacement CAP - please post! These three videos covered most of my rants: 1. How to fix a Blitz gas can: Midwest Can Company gas can modification: How to fix...
12
12

To all Sussex and Surrey members who love there lawns
I just wanted to pass onto to people a great source for your lawn needs, the turf I use as part of my daily work and think it should be the first choice for people laying new lawns..'Landscape and...
2
2

Lawnmower for Sale
Worx model WG789, battery powered, self propelled, used only once. Retails for $500, only asking $300. E-mail :
1
1

Over wintering petrol garden tools advice sought
Hello, We have both a 4 stroke ride-on mower, and. 2 stroke combination strimmer and hedge trimmer. What is the best thing to do with them before they are left over winter. Drain fuel, then run until...
1
1

Strange grass growth
Hi all, Please can you help, my grass appears to be growing faster along the route of my underground drain!? It also grows faster along the route of my neighbours drain across my garden. There is no...
3
3

Help! Lawn damage
We have been at this location for 9 years with no previous problems. This y= ear we re-seeded in late September and now have discovered overnight two la= rge areas of extensive disturbance to the...
7
7

New Lawn Drainage Problem!
Hi guys, my very first post here so feel free to wade in with any comments or suggestions.. Basically I purchased a new build in june and paid for the turf to be laid in the back garden. I was told it...
3
3

Solution for flea problem
Everything seems to come at the same time.... now it's fleas. Fleas = always jump on and bit one of the family. The rest they don't bother. = We have no pets, rodent problem, etc. An occasion cat...
3
3

Never seen before Weeds in Lawn
For the last 12-18months i've been getting really odd weeds that has taken over my lawn and in fact now, has badly messed it up that i shall need to sort out a new one. I've never seen it before, and...
2
2

Try again
I tried to post a question about ground cover on a clay chert slope. It didn't appear. Anywho I have seen several nice plants on the Internet but at six to nine dollars each it would take a bunch of...
3
3