OT: WalMart Women in Playboy

Page 1 of 6
Just saw that headline, supposedly from CNN.
Man, they surely can't have picked any of the WalMart women I've ever seen.
I sometimes wonder how much Playboy lays out to tune-up, a la table saw?, the women they photograph.
Or is it more like that last coat of shellac being rubbed down with steel wool?
Charlie Self "Telephone, n. An invention of the devil which abrogates some of the advantages of making a disagreeable person keep his distance." Ambrose Bierce
On 21 Nov 2003 13:41:37 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Most of the women I see in WalMart look like they went to Maaco.
When they're running the special it's about a hundred bucks.
If I were doing the work, they'd have to be satisfied with the finish the way it came off the gun.
I ain't rubbin' dem down wid nuttin.
LOL, besides it would HURT! ;-)
BRuce
Tom Watson wrote:

I bet the women in the WalMarts around Hollywood look better than average. Probably a good alternative to waitressing.
Montyhp
(Charlie Self)

seen.
the
wool?
On 21 Nov 2003 13:41:37 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

$100 says that everyone of them that poses gets canned by WalMart.
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
They probably were paid the equivalent of 6 months or more in salary by Playboy to do the pictures, so it probably won't matter much to them. But, hasn't this type of thing been done before and legal precedents been set such that employers can't fire people simply for posing nude like this? But, the brimstone-breathing bible-toting Walton family probably won't care, they have money to throw away as it is.
--
There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Exactly.
Have a nice week...
Trent
LRod responds:

No bet. Any bets on how many of them took the jobs just to be listed as working for WalMart?
Charlie Self
"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself. " Ronald Reagan

WalMart has already publicly stated that they will take no action against the employees.
scott
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:36:45 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

Their legal team probably showed them what it could possibly cost if they took action. <G>
Barry
Barry Burke responds:

Yeah, well...in corporate life, where there's a will, there's a way. Bet not many of them are working there 6 months from now.
Charlie Self
"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself. " Ronald Reagan
Charlie Self wrote:

But isn't that the case with most WM employees. Seems the turnover rate is pretty high.
Gary

GeeDubb responds:

Well, hell. Have you ever walked in early in the a.m. when they're holding one of their store pep talks? I'd run screaming 90 seconds into the first one.
But fromw hat a relative told me, they've got more reasons than any store needs to fire people set right into the employment literature they hand new hires. Have a beer with lunch and you're history if someone happens to notice.
Charlie Self
"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself. " Ronald Reagan

is
one
needs
hires.
itself. "

Hopefully if they follow your business advice, maybe someday they will be a successful company. I guess if they hand you a list of actions that can result in your termination, it's pretty easy to either a) don't do any of those things or b) don't work there. And let's face it...you and I and most people reading this are too skilled to be happy working at Wal-Mart (in an unskilled position).
todd
On 21 Nov 2003 23:56:57 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

I was an air traffic controller for the FAA for 30 years. They had the same policy.
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
LRod wrote:

I guess that makes you a survivor of the Reagan firings.
The day America died.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio

Only in the sense that I spent 20 months on the street but was fully restored due to FAA incompetence.

That's my feeling, too, but I'm not sure whether we're looking at it the same way.
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
LRod wrote:

Probably not as it wasn't me who lost my job.
When Reagan illegally fired federal employees it effectively gutted unions/ labors/ working persons power.
The fact that it created an extremely dangerous situation (and it's a miracle people didn't die) because the Reagan Administration didn't want to deal with ATCs in a manner laid out by law and contract illustrated how far an administration can and will go.
The fact that experienced ATCs were forbidden back into the towers thus continuing the dangerous situation told me power and control was more important than anything else.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio

Ah, then we're looking at it exactly the same way. Thanks.
It took one of my friends more than 18 years to get back on the job. The time away took its toll. He'll never be able to get fully certified and will just limp along until retirement in a few years. Although it may seem like a good deal for him, every controller worth his salt wants to be fully certified. There's no satisfaction in being a partial. It's a shitty deal for the taxpayer. But then, so was reagan.
Most never got back. I was very lucky. If it hadn't been for stupid local management (as opposed to stupid federal management) neither I nor about 40 others would have gotten back at my facility.
Thanks for your support.
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
Wasn't the contract a no-strike contract? Wasn't the condition of return abiding by the no-strike rule?
Does the employer have all the obligations, and the employee only privileges?
I can remember some "due regard" days back then.