Are women just sexist?

Since I put up a donate button on the Gridwatch website*, 138 people have donated

Only 3 of them were women.

Can someone explain why, aginst all the teachings of the politically correct femisnists, gridwatch should apparently attract a predominantly male following, or is it that it in some way repels women?

Genuinely puzzled.

The Natural Philosopher

Women, for the most part, aren't technical. Whether that's nature or nurture, I don't know. Give little girls Meccano sets, electric trains and chemistry sets, rather than dollies and prams, and see if it changes.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

When I was running a technical cmpany, I employed bags of women as engineers and tech support.

At my alma mater, bags of women are now engineering undergrads and post grads where in my day it was one in one thousand. No, today women are no different - something else is going on.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They have, to them, something more important to spend their money on?

They don't visit gridwatch because they have, to them, better things to do?

To fix your problem: Perhaps a cat instead of a dog? Advertise your presence on mumsnet. Tweet dianneabbot@HackneyAbbott

Complain to these organisations about your current plight, explaining that just as racism is a two edged sword so is sexism:

Convince people you are there for WOMEN. I tend to find that women are turned off by the use of the "C" word. Try to cut down on the leftyC...s etc.

YVW

Reply to
Richard

It does not appear on that website

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Cool. Now just deal with the other stuff and your coffers will be full - or not.

Reply to
Richard

IMO it?s the same reason there are very few women in here.

And anywhere on the net too.

Not so pronounced on facebook etc tho.

Reply to
Ranchak

And what reason is that?

there are tons on the net

They are facebook addicts IME

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There's a donate button?

I'll have to sort out a few quid - genuinely useful website that...

Reply to
Tim Watts

As of the day before yesterday, yes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Perhaps they're more academically rigorous?! It's telling that you rarely use academic sources to back up your assertions. Your 'Limitations of 'Renewable' Energy' for example.

Where OOI did you do your undergrad degree(s)?

Although your Gridwatch site looks very good IMHO.

Reply to
RJH

Maybe they're savvy enough to do a quick web search on someone before giving him or her money?

Reply to
Roger Hayter

how would they connnect te two?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They just don't find it useful. Probably because to most people it isn't useful.

I wonder how many actually visit more than once? You can't expect someone that doesn't visit frequently to donate.

Given the amount of insults TNP has given out I doubt if anyone here would donate.

Reply to
dennis

Interesting how from your initial observation re. the website, you construc t a subject line 'Are Women just sexist?'

They can smell you out easy.

Reply to
jkn

It's a pretty niche market! Just as most people are not interested in the workings of a car as long as they can get in and drive it, I suspect that much the same thing applies to the grid - as long as there is power available when we wish to use it.

Looking at it in great depth requires a nerd-like mentality - and there are almost certainly more male than female nerds.

If you can convince the world that we are in serious danger of running out of capacity, maybe more people will sit up and take notice.

Reply to
Roger Mills

In what way is it useful? To the average person?

What do you do that makes it useful rather than just interesting?

Reply to
dennis

If you understand how your car works, you might just be able to fix it if it breaks.

Is that so with the grid?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So women who say 'men are sexist' are sexist themselves?

Interesting...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

how sexist of you!

Well of course we are. But the facts don't convince people it seems. Just propaganda.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher