Are women just sexist?

Dont be silly.

Ther donation is strictly for the web site and all data is acknowledged and is free.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You would of courese be completely wrong.

The site was shown a year or two ago on a BBC program about the closure of a coal plant where the engineers said 'its better than our own tools' and I have given permission for it to be used as part of an open university course as well. Schools use it as a source of 'real data' on science courses.

I am not going to betray confidences as to where the users that have identifiable IP addressses come from, but there are some serious people monitoring the site and downloading the data - big multinationals and firms trading in energy markets.

For example.

In a given day between 5,000 and 30,000 distinct IP addressss visit the site, and about 80,000 was the record before it died of low RAM

It's been used as a reference site and recieved mentions in far too many places to mention.

It remains the most comprehensive dataset on wind generated energy for statistical analysis anywhere in the world.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Women may be interested in engineering but Gridwatch is a geek site.

I can't see other women donating to a geek cause. Women separate work and home more than men do and following your site eats into home time.

Reply to
pamela

That's very good. Hopefully men buy also something useful from the tool catalogues.

Reply to
pamela

Once upon a time knitting was mostly male.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I would say that - But there's an overlap.

More men are geeks. More men are over 6ft.

But there are some women in those groups.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Not relevant to what interests most now.

Reply to
Ranchak

No mention of shoes or handbags ! WTF does he expect ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave