Are women just sexist?

Isn't silver cheaper than lead?

Reply to
Andy Burns

truct a subject line 'Are Women just sexist?'

non sequitur, as I am sure you are aware.

J^n

Reply to
jkn

What is a "nerd"? I thought it was a word invented by dim Americans to describe people with a longer attention span than themselves. Any reason why anyone else should want to use the word?

Reply to
Roger Hayter

In saying that, all you've done is repeat TNP's question, just one step further away.

Reply to
Tim Streater

ho hum. you've been digging.

I dont think so.

$2500 a tonne for lead and $17 an OUNCE for Silver thats around $600,000 per tonne

Uranium however IIRC is around $60,000 per tinne.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Do you suppose that women look at the picture and decide not to read the text? Its typical of someone with no empathy and no understanding of other people to put something like that up and then wonder why people react in a way they don't expect.

I think TNP needs medical help, his mental state has gone seriously bad in the last six months.

Reply to
dennis

I hadn't noticed that the table of scrap metal prices I was looking at changed from /kg to /g part-way through ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

That would be Oz uranium then?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I think that confirms and further reinforces the l/r brain dominance and how a left brainer (like TNP and most men of course) would be 'interested' in such trivia to some degree but most women (typically right brainers) wouldn't.

It is to most people an answer to a question they hadn't asked (a bit like Brexit coincidentally). ;-)

That also explains why TNP had to ask the question of course.

Quite. I've looked at Gridwatch a few times and pointed others at it as well. But apart when (as you say) everything is pegging the end stops or we get 'firsts' (like when we got more from solar than other sources), it's pretty well only of use to anyone 'interested' in that subject.

I've shown daughter the Gridwatch site, again typically when something of note is happening but then she also covered Power generation in her OU course (like being expected to calculate the overall efficiency of a combined gas and coal power station), hence why such things might be of more interest to her than 'most women'.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

A couple I have known since childhood, and who are good friends, are green. We generally avoid contentious subjects like nuclear power, renewable energy etc. (we both know where we stand), but a little while ago I said there was an excellent web site where they could see the electricity production by generator type on an hour-by-hour basis, and got the reply 'why would we want to see that?' !!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

ROFLMAO!

Why indeed.

The only 'greens' who regulatly watch gridwatch are the ones who think that solar produces more than coal..

They only watch on warm summer days.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

His typing has improved greatly.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Perhaps the visitors to your site are 50/50, but only the men donate?

Is that because men are more used to paying for things?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

That's very sexist to come up with a plausible reason.

Next you'll be saying it's why there are less female CEOs. :-)

Reply to
Fredxx

If you actually knew me and my 'girls' you would realise I'm probably the least sexist person around. We brought our daughter up to be 'a person' and even as a kid she would just as likely to be seen welding, angle grinding, soldering or motorcycling as she was to be seen dressed up like a girly and ballroom dancing or in her whites at Tiequando.

Whilst working in the cash office at a local popular clothing and household goods store, she was the one who painted the set rooms and assembled all the new furniture.

When I met the Mrs she was just a Mum and secretary. We built a kitcar together (and I mean she was on the spanners alongside me, not just making the tea). I also encouraged her to take her motorcycle licence and she's currently got an XV750 Virago. Daughter rides a 600cc Suzuki Bandit and drives a Transit Connect van. ;-)

The Mrs is also a Radio Amateur, and took her ticket as a surprise to me.

There are probably *fewer* female CEOs because of the glass ceiling and the unquestionable fact that women are disadvantaged because they are women and are the ones who bear our children.

When I was IT training my bosses were (at two levels) were both women.

FWIW, I currently do most of the cooking (for my girls).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Which trivia would that be then?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Much as I love the old meters,[1] this may be a generational thing. There may be a generation under 30 who do not know what they are or how to read them. Bar graphs or some such would be so much more obvious to them. And nice colours. Then the sex ratio might mean something.[2]

[1] In our nostalgia, let us not forget that the design of the galvanometer and its scale and needle is related to technological limitations. In 1960 I would have used a bargraph plus digital readout to provide precision like a shot if it had been economically feasible. [2] "Women actually are capable of being far more than the feminists will let them." This is precisely the argument used by Muslims for their suppression of women, interestingly enough.
Reply to
Roger Hayter

They'll all be in trouble next time they get into their cars then, wont they. And try and read their speedo or petrol gauge.

Reply to
Tim Streater

[Snip]

They don't seem to round here, just go as fast as they can.

Reply to
charles

I was being flippant, and hoped was obvious :-)

My gripe is that sexism is fine, say in the case of Andrea Leadsom, but if a male should make a suggestion about map reading that immediately makes him a misogynist.

In much the same way its ok to publish Chris Evans gets paid shed loads but when someone points out the two highest paid females are Jews, all hell breaks loose.

Fredxx