Ping TNP: gridwatch wedged since 23.00 last night ?

BMreports wedged.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Maybe its been got at... cue spooky music. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

followed by a two hour power cut here..but no black helicopters this time.

Yes, seriously, I do get buzzed by black helicopters..

That is the view from the office window across the (thatched) roof :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's not black just underexposed.

Reply to
dennis

Mean looking barstewards aren't they? We get them occasionally but not that close, the chinooks on the other hand... Had six go past at around 50' AGL and 200 yds from the house, they didn't half make the tea cups rattle! More often than not they are below us in the valley and only make the windows rattle. B-)

I see gridwatch came back about 1300 and we have our second > 50 GW demand of the winter 50.7 GW @ 1728 (looks like it was over 50 GW yesterday). It's not even really cold yet! We aren't half leaning on the CCGT at 19.55 GW, curiously coal is only at 15.12 GW, it's appeared to max out at just over 17 GW in recent weeks, is there a station offline?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I'd guess there more than one saving their 'running hours left' for times of maximum gouge.

An expensive day all round - wind high, gas high, demand high ..I suspect we may yet see some close calls this winter

Bm reports sort of staggered to life and died again at 9 a m.

That's what comes of running a toy windows server to do a mans job.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I tried calling the CAA about low flying on one occasion and the guy gave me the MoD complaints number, but he said there was no point in calling it because they just deny there were any aircraft operating in your area.

Mind you, the CAA were no help, either, since they don't accept complaints from single households. Not much use when then the next nearest house is about 1.5 miles away.

I'm thinking about getting an Oerlikon for Christmas.

Reply to
Huge

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ah, I'd forgotten about that influence. Or maybe they have "instructions" to save hours for the winter proper so the lights do stay on as we have been promised...

I was half wondering how much CCGT capacity was left with it at 19 GW and if the winds 4GW wasn't there...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Hope the link works, had to extract it from the google search results page. Data about the LCPD opted out stations from last winter. Dicot A has gone hasn't it? Tilbury is closed after the fire.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Tilbury did get going after the fire, but then closed shop and gave up.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Copied from elsewhere:

"Motorists experienced slight delays as a large transformer was moved from a power station in Oxfordshire to Bristol.

The lorry and its 637-tonne load measured 294ft (89m), almost the length of a professional football pitch.

It made the journey under police escort from Didcot at 07:00 GMT on Saturday, joining the M4 at junction 14 (Hungerford) at about

17:00 GMT.

Officers had warned there was potential for congestion due to its slow speed.

Its final destination was Avonmouth Docks, from where it is being transported by sea to a Siemens plant in Germany.

The generator transformer was the first of three being removed from Didcot power station as part of its decommissioning programme.

Didcot, a coal fired power station, was disconnected from the national grid in March 2013 after 43 years of service."

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon