PING: Brian Reay G8OSN

Brian, the first week of our total independence from the EU is now complete, but I haven?t seen anything in the news about the NHS being given that extra £350M that that bus said it would get every week. Have you heard anything about it? When and where is the cheque being handed over?

Reply to
Stephen Cole

Fuck off dick.

Reply to
Brian Reay

I noticed a huge amount of money shovelled at the NHS.

Aparently there is a pandemic.

Our response to it may not be great but the EU is way behind with members threatening to go their own way.

Reply to
pinnerite

Just think, we could have stayed in the EU and been as badly off as them.

Reply to
Spike

Given that all that we did was while still subject to EU rules I don't see that it would have made any difference.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Careful, Rog. You know that facts and reality upset Burt.

Poor Old Burt.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

I see that your cross-post filter is still broken then, Burt.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

The EU has been glacially slow in approving vaccines with which to treat the pandemic, whereas the UK has been free from the bureaucracy of the EU and so has been able to move more quickly. Only a day or two ago we had vaccinated a million people in the same time that Germany had vaccinated several hundred.

Reply to
Spike

I take it Trump is now posting here?

Only Belgium and Italy are ahead of us in deaths per million overall, of comparable countries, and we are catching them up fast.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 12:18:18 +0000 Spite snipped-for-privacy@male.invalid Burted this out:

Shoemenders, Burt.

Reply to
Bernie

Wasn't the criticism in the early days of the pandemic that the UK was not participating in the measures/purchasing policies that the EU were negotiating for its member states?

Reply to
alan_m

we were not wholly subject to EU rules.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My figures are that NHS expenditure on 2015/6 was £136.8b and expenditure 2020/1 is estimated to be £201.7b.

This represents an increase of over £1b per week. That must therefore be the Brexit dividend? You need to get out more.

Reply to
Fredxx

A good Bexiteer. Still trying to persuade himself he made the right decision. With any facts not let in the way.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Ummm ... we actually left the EU 1 year ago

Reply to
Andy Bennet

In fact the UK regulator was free under EU rules (which we were still following at the time) to approve the vaccine when they did. The EU authorities did it a few weeks later. It is quite pleasing that we achieved that, but unaffected by EU membership.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Well let's get to the point and eliminate that prevarication. There is an EU rule that says any EU country can unilaterally approve a medicine for urgent reasons. Several other EU countries considered doing so, and chose not to.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

And agreed to follow EU rules for a 'transitional' year. In this particular respect other EU rules were free to do as we did re vaccine approval.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

There are suggestions that the Supreme Soviet didn't want a piecemeal response, and so elbowed individual countries into a collective approach. It was this that was responsible for the EUSSR's glacial speed at a time of crisis.

Reply to
Spike

The only thing 'Spuke / Burk' is good at is being a (stupid / pointless) troll.

It's what they do. ;-(

But hey, it keeps them occupied and from harassing any other people.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m