OT: WalMart Women in Playboy

Are you talkin' about we, the consumer, Bob? Or are you talkin' about Wal-Mart?

Why is it that only the FORMER employees...and union members...think negatively about Wal-Mart? lol

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

I think what Mark is saying is that some union members were pissed off! lol

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

Bullshit. I am not a union member, nor am I a former employee. To think negatively about WalMart, I suggest as the simplest procedure the pruchase of a men's shirt. Third washing at least one sleeve will nearly fall out. I tried that 4 times, got tired of driving in to get my money back.

I'd rather pay 3 times the money for LL Bean and get something that lasts...and doesn't follow current clothing trends.

Charlie Self

"Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." E. B. White

Reply to
Charlie Self

Trent replies:

Ohfercrissakes. What nonsense. I don't drink at all, but I do know that comparing a forklift driver's level of danger with one beer--which was what I was writing of--to any kind of air traffic control is bullshit. Stuff a forklift into a back area full of pillows and you got a mess. Stuff a 747 into a 737 and you got one helluva lot worse than a mess.

I think that may be one of the silliest statements anyone has ever made about drinking.

I used to drink. End of day, a beer on the typewriter created a danger to my manuscripts, I guess, but it sure as hell didn't create a danger to anyone else, nor did a drink with lunch.

I think you're living in some kind of weird-assed Puritan world.

Charlie Self

"Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." E. B. White

Reply to
Charlie Self

Trent responds:

You think. You don't know. You can't be bothered to check. But you DO comment.

You only seem to show up when you can needle someone. I think your BS quotient just went well over my limit. I agree with some of your opinions, but others are nonsense you post for no reason other than to amuse yourself. As far as I am concerned, you'll have to play by yourself.

Charlie Self

"Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." E. B. White

Reply to
Charlie Self

Trent babbles:

What's interesting is that you would add someone else's quote to mine, under my name alone. My wife doesn't work for WalMart, never has, probably never will.

Charlie Self

"Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." E. B. White

Reply to
Charlie Self

Amen. PATCO, RIP.

tt

Reply to
Test Tickle

Unfortunately, it never was illegal -- employers simply never tried it because the government would have "frowned" on such an act. But once Reagan led the charge, the cat was out of the bag for good.

tt

Reply to
Test Tickle

And we have the same people in the present presidential administration.

Different front 'man', but the same people behind him.

Reply to
Mark

Had to go off to truck driving school to escape Wally World. I'm an over-the-road truck driver. I lucked into a job that allows me to have some modicum of a normal life, which is the only reason I can tolerate the work.

One of these days I need to go to grad school. If I could ever find a field in which there were actually stable jobs.

Or wait a few more years for my degree in Spanish to become useful here. :)

Reply to
Silvan

FINALLY somebody jumped my case on that. It's about time someone stood up to defend my lady's honor! :)

It's OK. We have lots of mirrors, and neither one of us has any false ideas about what we look like. I could be on that 7-Up truck driver calendar myself. :)

Reply to
Silvan

While I don't disagree with the point you're making, I have to chuckle at this one.

Twice while I worked there we had to evacuate the entire store after a

*manager* crashed the forklift into an overhead gas heater. *Twice*, mind you.
Reply to
Silvan

That's a crock. I know literally dozens of Wal-Mart employees. They all hate the company, and hate the job. Especially the ones who have been around long enough to remember what things were like when "Mr. Sam" was still alive and at the helm. When the bean counters took over, that company went to hell.

Reply to
Silvan

About seven years ago, I was working in a place that would not allow you to smoke there but you could drink beer. The fridge in the lunchroom always had at least a case in it.The next job I had was the same but they also let you smoke.

Reply to
CW

Chinese imports.

Reply to
CW

Yeah, well...that's why they're managers.

Charlie Self

"Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." E. B. White

Reply to
Charlie Self

CW responds:

Yeah. And not too long ago, some of the beer companies supplied free beer to employees, to take home and drink with lunch.

Charlie Self

"Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." E. B. White

Reply to
Charlie Self

The FIL worked in the Olympia brewery for 37 years. They had beer in the lunchroom for employees. The rule was "get shit-faced, get shit-canned".

The Oly brewery is long gone as well as the FIL :-(

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Why would their occupation make the danger any more real?...for the person that's gonna be at risk.

Stuff that fork into some guys gut and you've got a pretty good mess, too.

Trying to belittle the statement still doesn't make you wrong. And you are!

We were talkin' about an employer-employee situation. When yer by yourself...as you say above...the risk is self-centered...and fine.

There's no doubt that YOU are! lol

The world has changed, Charlie. Pay attention!

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

Can I check EVERY employer in the world? lol No, Charlie...I can't. Ya got me there! lol

That's why I phrased it like I did.

Funny how you get pissed when someone disagrees with you! lol

BTW...your above rules have ALWAYS been in effect...not just in this news group either.

If you don't like my posts, you have the option to ignore them.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©