Arggh

I put down a new floor in the bathroom, and it went amazingly well. One little divot where I dropped something was bothering me, and I didn't want to use flooring adhesive so I picked up some cyanoacrylate at my local hardware.

Packaging has changed a bit. Inside a clear plastic bottle is a squeezable container and also an capped injector that screws onto the container.

I removed the cap from the injector and threaded it onto the container...while squeezing the container. The injector..injected...all over my palm, hand and fingernails. As well as the vanity. And sink. Likely the taps too. The dog was in there at the time, and I haven't seen him since. Probably stuck to the cat by now. I washed the sink out and sloshed some water up onto the vanity and the glue mostly went away.

Being around all that water always makes me want to pee. Big mistake. About that time, SWMBO decided to come into the bathroom and tried to figure out why I had such a fixation between my hand and my pecker.

Some things you just can't explain. Ever. Some things, although they look really really bad, just have to sit as they lie. So I put on that face that said "Hey I do this every day", and walked out of the bathroom, my hand leading the way.

I vaguely considered using some acetone, and gave up that idea. All I'd need was a spark and ole Sparky would be no more.

Time is the great healer in most things, and I'm now typing with both hands. But I haven't peed since, and for the first time in my life, I'm dreading that next trip to the john.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus

I feel your pain...no..wait..actually I don't.

I always wear nitrile gloves when working with cyanoacrylate. In your case, add a condom for extra safety.

Reply to
Angela Sekeris

I think you're ready to write a country song.. lol

Glad that the thing wasn't pointed at your face, man... Take care..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Yup. Got laptopped again. OF COURSE Angela wouldn't feel your pain...LOL

Reply to
Robatoy

Rob, just an idea, but why don't you set a different background picture or colour scheme to each account on that laptop, it will make it more obvious who is logged in.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

==========================

Maybe some matching nitrile condoms? There is a product idea/promotion in there somewhere.

I can see it now. A very sorry looking Taurus is standing there saying, "I superglued without wearing a nitrile condom. And this is what happened to me."

LOL Guys would be scared into buying this safety equipment if they needed it or not. What next?? New OSHA/Kalifornia regulations?

I better stop now before I get into trouble.

Reminds me of a local baseball player who just got back from some surgery to remove bone spurs from his non throwing arm. He is just getting back into playing form after shaking some rust off. Then he stops a hard ground ball with his......., are you ready for this......, TESTICLES!! Ouch! And he finished the game too!

He was out for a couple weeks longer due to " a bleeding testicle". I am certain there was some swelling involved as well. This happened within the last two weeks.

OK, I will stop now.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

*feeling all duh-like* Good tip. Thanks.
Reply to
Robatoy

Just tell Angela to send me cookies. ;-) I already have a granite countertop in the kitchen.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

You should've begun this tale with a warning

"Put down your coffee, swallow, then proceed with this missive." You've been warned. Oh - and you might want to hit The Head - before continuing on with this one."

On the other hand, the lack of warning might be reponsible for a subsequent post that could be interesting - though not likely quite as funny.

Old Sparky!?

This one's a Keeper. More please.

Reply to
charlieb

Yup, can just hear it.

"Honey, I'm going into the bathroom to do some gluing. By the way, can I have one of those condoms we never use?"

Reply to
Upscale

Oh sure. You just wanna hear about me glued up again. But thanks for the encouragement. I'm sure something else will get me in trouble soon.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus

Endorsement fees. I like the way you think.

Tanus