Women - they are not thinkers are they?

I have a glass fronted shop display fridge that I use for nice cold beers on days like today.

A couple of years ago the thermostat failed and the fridge ran 24/7 resulting in it icing up at the back. Tim Watts suggested I use a plug in timer to get the fridge to run 5 minutes every 15 minutes and increase or decrease the on times according to the outside temperature/seasons.

Well that worked brilliantly until last night. The gf compained the beers were not cold enough and removed the timer and just plugged the fridge into the socket as she believed "If it runs all the time they will be really cold". I now have a fridge that is warm on the inside and ice cold on the outside.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Mr Pounder

much did the timer cost you?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Erm, that must be a first, but I don't see the connection here. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I agree. To highjack your thread somewhat;

SWMBO has just had a operation which means she can't raise her arms much, so various domestic tasks have been allotted to me. No problem.

Hanging out the washing is a real PITA. After a few goes, my superior male brain realised there was no point in carrying the empty washing basket & the peg bag back from the drier thingy to the house. You have to go back to get the dry washing, so it makes sense to leave them there.

Apparently that was wrong?

I then realised that the best place to keep the pegs - was on the line. Why double handle everything?

Apparently that's wrong as well?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That's far too much info:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Have you asked why? I suppose the pegs could get pooed on by birds and the basket also. But then so could the washing.

SWMBO confirms that she takes the line in and the pegs too because if you leave the line up and the pegs on it, both will get grody.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Plastic pegs don't last too long in sunlight - they go all brittle and snap. Wooden pegs cope OK... I thought they would rot or go rusty eventually, but they don't seem to be too bad.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

You mean to say that SWMBO actually does the washing? She's not in front of the box stuffing her face? I must've gone wrong somewhere.

Reply to
scorched was bm

Plastic pegs go brittle even when they are brought in. I've had to stop using some because they started to suffer pingfuckits - at eye level and the spring escaping...!

Reply to
PeterC

They're likely to get dirty if left outside.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Bird shit.

Bird shit and algae.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

If they're plastic pegs then they often end up snapping and exploding into little bits. The wooden ones get a bit grotty if you leave them out but I'm sure something is stealing the pegs off the line.

Reply to
mogga

I once had a lodger that lifted the tumble drier outside onto the patio and plugged it into the outside socket to dry some clothes when it was 30 deg C and sunny outside.

She was the same lodger that applied to be a dental nurse the same day as asking me if my 12 year old cats teeth would grow back after the vet had removed seven of them.

In fact she was the same lodger that read the horoscopes and did not understand them when they said "You will have highlights this week" and she said "But I am not booked into the hairdressers until next week".

I quite liked her.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Which is only slightly stupid as cats are mammals and have a fixed number of teeth, but crocodiles replace teeth throughout their life - a single crocodile can go through at least 3,000 teeth.

I've often thought lack of relaceable teeth is a shortcoming of human evolution.

She had a nice warm ... smile?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

No they are in general not thinkers.

There would be a lot of sexually frustrated men if they were.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Or a lot more rapists.............

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Steer well clear of that one, then.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Don't horses' teeth grow continuously. And I'd have though that applied to any ruminant as the grass wears them down.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Horse's teeth grow continuously, as do rodents' teeth, but as far as I know, very few mammals can replace lost teeth once the milk teeth have been replaced by the adult ones. Sheep, for instance, whose teeth do not grow once they have finished erupting, can have problems feeding once their adult incisor teeth have worn out, (which starts to happen at about four ears of age) and it has been known in the past for farmers to bond a metal arrangement similar to a brace to sheeps' incisor teeth to keep them healthy for a longer period.

Reply to
John Williamson