Are they all suckers?

I was talking to my boyfriend about the new vaccume cleaner I am going to buy and he said I should be careful as most of them just suck air from the carpet and do not make a vaccume. Aparently not even the Dysson cleaners make a proper vaccume but are just suckers like all the rest. But if thats all they do why are they called vaccume cleaners and isnt it against the Trades and Descriptions Act to say they are something they are not?
Add pictures here
✖
On 5 Apr 2004 12:23:30 -0700, Sasha snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Sasha Klamp) wrote:

The word is vacuum and they will all suck up trolls.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Add pictures here
✖

1) Clearly you should not believe everything your boyfriend tells you, at least not without some research on your part! 2) If you mean a "Vacuum Cleaner", then according to my Oxford dictionary it is "... apparatus for removing dust etc. by suction...".
Therefore, unless the "Vacuum Clearner" you intend to buy does not remove dust etc by suction, in my opinion you do not have a claim against the Trade Descriptions Act.
IANAL.
Add pictures here
✖
On 5 Apr 2004 12:23:30 -0700, Sasha snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Sasha Klamp) wrote this, or at least some of this:

I've got some nutcrackers but they don't hurt (and some moth balls which are quite big, considering.)
--
ŽķņŠ Š ˛ * š°°˛

Add pictures here
✖

My catalogue seems remarkably pussy free, too.
--
"Bother", said Skipweasel as he molished a little jig.

Add pictures here
✖
contains these words:

That gave me paws for thought for a minute.
-- Malc
Add pictures here
✖

You're obviously looking at the wrong sort of catalogue.
--
Mel Rimmer

Add pictures here
✖
(Sasha Klamp)

the
thats
I know i've never ordered sweet and sour chicken, prawn or pork balls. Never had toad in the hole, sounds uncomfortable.
Regards
Cyber-O
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 19:23:30 UTC, Sasha snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Sasha Klamp) wrote:

You have it wrong. They are cleaners for sucking vacuums up. So they blow air. A lot are faulty and blow it inwards, unfortunately.
--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...

And darned hard to make. I like the way they do it in space - it's already fairly vacuumy, but putting up a thing like a giant dustbinlid and doing your experiments downwind of it ups the quality of the vacuum by several orders of mangychewed 'cos the atoms/molecules can't get round the back fast enough to fill in the void.
And hello, Dave, wot you doing in here? How's uk.rec.cars.maintenance?
--
"Bother", said Skipweasel as he molished a little jig.

Add pictures here
✖

Hi guy - this (uk.d-i-y) was one of the first newsgroups I ever read, and it's such compulsive reading I've stayed with it. UKRM could do with you - and others - back.
--
*Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.

✖

I got fed up with the sniping from the twerps. Perhaps I'll wander back for a look.
--
"Bother", said Skipweasel as he molished a little jig.

Add pictures here
✖

We have a resident twerp here too. But he's very clean.
--
*The more I learn about women, the more I love my car

✖
snipped-for-privacy@argonet.co.uk said...

Hello from ye shedde. I seen you elsewhere TAAW. Acorns, that were it. I'm the one with the mouse and the dead minotaur.
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.

verily it is said, there are only 200 people in usenet.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
In Touch: Get in touch with yourself by touching yourself.

the rest are Bob Brenchley's socks.
Add pictures here
✖