Call for a moderator of REC.WOODWORK

What do you think - two pieces joined with half laps, or three parts joined with M&T?
Tag, your it.
That oughtta keep him busy for a while.
UA100
: -- : In His Name, be Blessed,
: I think it is about time for a Moderator for this Group. Anyone agree?
: God Bless,
I nominate Cthulu. Or Beezelbub.
    -- Andy Bars

Pan or Dionysis would be more fun... Even Thor, who at least has a hammer!
djb
--
Is it time to change my sig line yet?

*ESPECIALLY* since most woodworkers have had a "Thor thumb" at one time or another -- usually as a _direct_ result of the hammer.
what's the old saying "He hit the nail right on the thumb" ?
<muffled guffaw>
I second the nomination for Thor!
Leslie
--
She's got tools, and she knows how to use them.

"Dave Balderstone" <dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca> wrote in message
Leslie Gossett" writes:

I move that we split the group into rec.woodworking.norm and rec.woodworking.roy.
<gd&r>
Marc
I'll do t-shirts.
Not only do I not agree that we need a moderator, you couldn't moderate this group if you wanted to! Usenet has rules and you can't convert a non-moderated group to a moderated one.
You'd have to have a new group created, probably rec.woodworking.moderated, and there are more hoops and votes and nonsense to jump through to get that to happen than is at all likely to happen. You need to find several moderators, and then hope that anyone from rec.woodworking will actually post to rec.woodworking.moderated, which is unlikely.
It's easier for you to just learn how to use a killfile on your own.

You could do this at one time. rec.bicycles.off-road was converted to a moderated group because of one troublemaker who could not follow the rules, started endless arguments about the impact of mountain bikes, would not listen to reasoned counter-arguments, etc.

It was a royal pain to convert rec.bicycles.off-road. I don't think anyone really wants to spearhead changing this group or making a new one.

Agreed.
--
Mike Iglesias Email: snipped-for-privacy@draco.acs.uci.edu
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926

No... spam, trolls, etc., are annoying but so are moderators that aren't on-line 24/7, or who feel compelled to add tag-lines or commentary to everything crossing the group, or who burn up bandwidth nagging everyone about message formatting and etiquette. ;-)
John
John Grossbohlin wrote:

You've been there too, I see. Bleah. Moderators suck.
How much does the job pay?
Nope. I hate this crap as much as you do but I'll leave it to myself to filter out that which I don't like.
Ignore it, This too, shall pass.
Rob
--

******PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW EMAIL ADDRESS******

snipped-for-privacy@telus.net
Thanks for posting. You sliped out of my killfile somehow. Got ya.

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:42:27 GMT, "Mike Zuchick"
I hate trolls, but I also don't like moderated newsgroups.
My vote is No.
Barry
Ditto.
--
Cheers
Nuno Souto
Mike Zuchick wrote:

I volunteer you Mike.
--

y.

No, Mike. What you should think about is that if this group were properly moderated, we would never see any posts from you.
Frank Ketchum wrote:

Good Point! By the man a beer. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: