To the moderator

I just posted a reply to 'router and raised panels ?s' which was posted by 'habbi'. I should have posted directly to 'toller' rather than to the entire group and have it look like I was chewing him out in front of everyone. I don't like discention and contention. I'd appreciate it if you could stop that post. Later, Chiz

Reply to
C & M

:) There is no moderator! Once you hit send, you gotta live with the words you wrote.

Dave

C & M wrote:

Reply to
David

Not necessarily. You can cancel your usenet message, and before it is read if you act quickly enough.

Reply to
Guess who

I've cancelled a few of my messages within seconds when I realized I wanted to start all over with a new message. I'd get responses to the "cancelled" message, even though it disappeared from my newsreader's screen. So now I try harder to compose more carefully.

Dave

Guess who wrote:

Reply to
David

The cabal (there is no cabal) will get right on it.

Mark & Juanita

Some ISP's allow cancellation on their servers, but that won't cancel the message when it has been echoed to a number of other servers out there. Most messages are echoed out rather quickly.

Reply to
Upscale

Request denied.

Moderator

Reply to
bw

Doug?

Can you take care of this?

Reply to
Ba r r y

Problem with that is, that due to more than a decade of cancel control messages being abused, many newsservers don't honor them. So, truly, once you pull the trigger, it's out there forever. Google _will_ have it.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Gosh...where's Vito to save us, at a time like this when we need him?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Last I heard, he was over at alt.usenet.kooks, complaining about his recent Kook of the Month award... and of course the AUKers referred to his complaints as his "acceptance speech"...

Doug Miller

Hell, all this time I thought BAD was the moderator.

Reply to
Swingman

Priceless. And where better to have him expending his energies.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

OUCH....

But if he survives, he'll only be eating crepes for the rest of his life. He must eat, or he'll flounder.

Reply to
Robatoy