To Moderator

I made a couple of posts here last week concerning tile installation. I have been a bathroom fitter for the last 3 years, and gave succint instructions on how to remove and prepare a wall for tile. My time was wasted as you "the moderator" thought so much as to pull my postings from your site. Great, Fine, right click uk.d-i-y select delete, are you sure you want to send this newsgroup to the recycle bin?, select not yes but hell yes, it is full of incontinent (or was that incompitent) morons anyway, bye-bye.

OK Mr Moderator, I have reciprocated by insulting you and will now piss off.

Reply to
General Lee

There is no moderator to uk.d-i-y.

Remember Usenet is only a "best effort" mechanism for getting information out. It's also possible that your newsreader software (or isp) has marked your posted articles as read.

Heres one post from you recently about tiling:

another in the same thread:

posts are out there by the looks of it, so just chill and have some more xmas cheer!!!

Share and enjoy!

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

On 19 Dec 2004, General Lee wrote

I thought uk.d-i-y is an entirely unmoderated group, isn't it?

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle

There is no moderator and nothing gets pulled or deleted from this newsgroup.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I can see three messages from you dated 15 Dec 04 on my system, one replying to the thread Re: SDS tile remover versus flat chisel?, another about an Re: Air Admittance Valve and another Re: Stripping wall tiles, I've just downloaded the group using another server, and guess what your messages are there also.

Best you find a clue as to how Usenet and newsreaders work before attempting to slag off a non existent moderator....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

This is not a moderated group. There is no way of 'pulling' postings as you describe.

If you didn't see the postings, then your newsreader either marked them as 'read' once you had read them, or marked them 'read' on your PC because you had posted them in the first place.

Repeat, no-one could (or did) suppress your postings.

Reply to
Bob Eager

LOL the God of usenet exists !

Reply to
Colin Wilson

This has to be a troll, right ??

Perhaps he means Mr Motivator :-)

Reply to
Mike

I just think it's a shame the OP won't get to find out quite how big a fool he made himself look.

Reply to
Grunff

I suspect that emailing him at:

snipped-for-privacy@curtispeters.demon.co.uk

might work...

Reply to
Bob Eager

..

I < sic > will now piss off.

.

Phew - thank goodness for that !

Pete

Reply to
Peter Stockdale

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:13:22 -0000, "General Lee" strung together this:

Who?

Reply to
Lurch

There is no moderator.

Don't appear to be more stupid than you are.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And, indeed, the relevant MX does accept email to that address...

Reply to
Bob Eager

and another in the same thread:

Your posts are out there by the looks of it,

There was a recent crack attack in the news servers I am guessing. A lot of messages showed up as unreadable just after Mailgate.org came back online. I guess they shut down their servers when the muck was flying.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

In message , General Lee writes

I missed this

bugger

Reply to
raden

Is it worth it ?

Reply to
raden

I got a reply today. He admits he was wrong about the moderation but still maintains his posts aren't there (quote follows):

"ermmm, ok, i'll buy that uk.d-i-y is an unmoderated group, but postings I have made in other groups are still available to read, and these were posted long before my postings in uk.diy. that rules out my news reader and my isp. if anything, my posts were never received at the news group even though i had sent them (antivirus software perhaps?), and if this is the case then i have to recant the bits about the moderator. there are still some really silly buggers posting there, but hey, thats life!"

So perhaps a few more people should write to:

snipped-for-privacy@curtispeters.demon.co.uk

(glad my deduction/guess of the email address was accurate...!)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Where's that Clue Iron Andy Dingley made?

Reply to
Grunff