PHOTO OF (LAST WEEK) Asparagus, the sequel

Lots of folks asked what an asparagus patch looks like after cutting stops and it has a chance to grow.

I posted the picture last week but forgot announce it.

It can be found at

Jack Schmidling

Looks familiar. :-) I call them asparagus ferning.

Reply to
Omelet

Jack Schmidling dropped this news:13ddso7r0q7q5c2 @corp.supernews.com: in rec.food.cooking

Interesting photo. Eons ago when I was a child my mother had a rhubarb patch. I can't remember a thing about it. I wish I had the room for asparagus. Asparaus is a favorite food in this household. Thanks for the post.

Michael

Reply to
Michael "Dog3"

So how many plants for a family of 4?

Reply to
Ginny

Depends on your level of passion, in the season you need to cut every few days and eat it then. I have about 16 for two of us and it may not be enough but that many would probably do 4 who were not devoted.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

I loved looking at all of your photos!

Reply to
loonyhiker

Enjoyed the photos. Tell that frog, to save me some of those catfish!

Becca

Reply to
Becca