Blower motor wiring for Bryant gas furnace?

I'm replacing the blower motor in a Bryant (Carrier) model 394GAD gas furnace installed about 1986.

I have the Carrier replacement motor: HC680004. No instructions or spec sheet came with it. Only documentation is the wire identification on the sticker.

>> Problem: New motor has two brown wires to connect to a capacitor.

Old motor does not have brown wires and does not have a capacitor.

Should I install the capacitor? (I bought the recommended capacitor when I bought the motor.)

If not, what should I do with the brown wires?

Thanks for your help.

Buckhorn

Reply to
Buckhorn

Sounds like you are using a PSC motor to replace a shaded pole motor.

Yes, use the cap.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Typical.... HO thinks they are gonna save a buck by DIY....When he fries the motor, then whines and crys to the supply house about its a "bad" motor, all they are gonna do is point to the sign on the wall the states "NO RETURNS ON ELECTRICAL PARTS"..... the HO then shells out for another motor, then procedes to let the smoke out of it too. How many trips to the supply house?? how many hours wasted?? how many days without heat/cool?? how many burnt motors??

This all could have been avoided by calling a *competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician to come diagnose and identify the *actual* problem, and correct it with OEM replacement parts that he stocks on his truck.....and all in an hour or so with minimal cost.

No its not rocket science *if* you have the training, education, and experience.

Reply to
Noon-Air

[...]

HVAC IsFun

Wanna know why? See that decal on the front of the unit, that states that only..and thats ONLY a trained person should work on it? Give ya a clue why....

Well....duh...

IF you have to ask, then hell no....

Tape em together...of course... Thats what every clueless wonder thats trying to save a buck does...then someone gets to go wire it right....

The Yellow Pages under AC and Heating contractors can be your best help

Reply to
CBHVAC

Hey dumbass, it was cross posted, and you can simply go away now...your advice here is as stupid and dangerous as it is in alt.hvac.

BTW, did you bother to tell everyone in here that this is a front you put up, and you have lied about everything so far? You dont even have a killfile, and you reply to those (like myself) that you claim tohave in it. Also, the guys in the Vette group really slammed you didnt they? Doubt you will be posting in there much...LOL

Oh Dave...you never did post your credentials, and if anyone could check you out. Since youre cruising looking for new customers that dont know of your past, and your business ethics that are crooked as hell, how about you post that information for those that might actually be suckered by you hiding behind your Bible.

BTW, Your company that you claim to have, isnt listed anywhere in Illinois.....just as information, and Dunn and Bradstreet have no listing on you. Another lie perchance?

And yea..I posted this back over in alt.hvac, so they can see that you are trying to make them look stupid, when in fact, you yourself took out the crosspost, so you KNEW good and well it was crossposted.

Still got issues with your customers kids Dave?

From Dave...

Reply to
CBHVAC

This is Turtle.

If you really knew anything about the HVAC business, You would understand what Steve wrote. As you say it is slander, Tells me you could not understand when a hvac tech explains the out come of a process that he has seen happen 100's of times. I wish you would stop telling everybody that you are in the HVAC business and know everthing about the hvac business, but only know what you read here on the newsgroup.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

OWNED!!!! (read below)

PS. Dave, STFU & GTFO! (Shut The Fuck Up & Get The Fuck Out)

Reply to
Oval-Air

Now that I own him, I guess I need to tell him that one of the women in the Vette group called him a little dick..LOL

Best form of birth control...women, just point and laugh like hell....

Reply to
CBHVAC

Hello, all new motors have a sticker on the side showing how to wire. Don't argue with the new motors manufacture and do as the diagram says. Use the cap if required.

.
Reply to
GETCOOL-MARK

Hi HVAC, hope you are having a nice day

On 10-Jun-04 At About 13:00:54, HVAC IsFun wrote to All Subject: Re: Blower motor wiring for Bryant gas furnace?

HI> From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (HVAC IsFun)

HI> ME: Youre in alt. home repair now

I know this may be hard for you to understand but I will type slowly.. it is called cross posting. that means he posted it in alt.hvac and alt.home.repair.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2