blower keeps running on 383KAV gas furnace - error code is 33

I am having problems with my Bryant 383KAV gas furnace

The owners manual can be found here:

My problem is that it won't heat or cool and the blower keeps running non stop, even when the thermostat is set to

OFF.

I think the problem is a result of switching the programmable thermostat from HEAT to COOL or COOL to HEAT too

quickly. I guess I should have set it to off.

The Bryant 383KAV has a status LED code. The LED code is currently reading:

"code 33" - "LIMIT OR FLAME ROLLOUT SWITCH IS OPEN If limit switch is open longer than 3 minutes code changes to code NO.

13 Check for: a)Blower motor failure b)motor start capacitor c)open flame rollout switch, manual reset d)inadequate combustion air supply (flame rollout switch only) e)dirty air filter f)defective limit switch or connections g)loose blower wheel"

The units blower has been running for about 5 hours non-stop and the LED status is still "33". It has not changed to

code 13 yet. Here is what the manual says for code 13. "LIMIT OR FLAME ROLLOUT SWITCH LOCKOUT- LIMIT SWITCH WAS

OPEN LONGER THAN 3 MINUTES. AUTO-RESET WILL OCCUR AFTER 3 HOURS. FLAME ROLLOUT SWITCH REQUIRES MANUAL RESET. SEE

#33."

I have already done the manual reset limit switch procedure and restarted the furnace and the problem still exists.

The fan blower is running constantly and the error code is still "33"

What is the next step I should take? How do I test to see if it is a bad capacitor or a bad s

Reply to
Thomas Miller

Hi, Actually the controller does not know blower is going. Maybe the relay supplying power to the motor is stuck or shorted. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Doesn't have auto-manual fan switch on the wall thermostat? Maybe it's in manual by accident? Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

The fan switch on the thermostat is set to "AUTO" and not "ON". I just removed the thermostat and the fan is still blowing so it has nothing to do with the thermostat.

Reply to
Thomas Miller

My best guess is there is still a limit open somewhere. Many gas furnaces will do as your's is when a limit trips. Best bet is to get out the yellow pages! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Does anything else work? Could be a bad transformer...

Reply to
HeatMan

everything is working fine now. Thanks.

Reply to
Thomas Miller

Hi Thomas, hope you are having a nice day

On 09-Oct-04 At About 07:46:56, Thomas Miller wrote to All Subject: blower keeps running on 383KAV gas furnace - error code is 33

TM> From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Thomas Miller)

TM> I am having problems with my Bryant 383KAV gas furnace

TM> The owners manual can be found here:

TM> 83KAV_395CAV _Gas_OM.pd

TM> My problem is that it won't heat or cool and the blower keeps running TM> non stop, even when the thermostat is set to

As the code says the limit or rollout switch is open. what you really need to do is call a local company to check it for you as the safety opened for a reason and that needs to be corrected or it will just happen again.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2