lol the audacity of em

Take note this is a jewish run famliy buisness...

I have just been into a loacal wallpaper shop by me, anyway i walks in and looks at the two different brands of 1700 grades of wallpaper so the youg bloke wanders over and I'm asking him the prices...brand (a) is

2.99GBP,brand (b) is 2.25GBP however brand (a)feels thicker and heavier to the touch,so I said to him ok I'll come back in 15 or 20 minutes as I have to go further up the road for some groceries.

Calls back into shop and picks up grade(b)1700, takes them to the till and the old bloke rings up 5.70GBP heh! I says these are 2.25BGP..nope he says they are 2.85GBP...I says that lad there told me they where 2.25GBP, so I said forget it,gimme 2 rolls of 2.99GBP same grade...oh he says they're

3.25GBP...fuckit I says to him and walks out a everso slighty miffed.

Have you ever wanted to walk into a secluded area and wanted to yell at the top of you're voice. :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Won't be any 'Tips' there then ;)

Reply to
Grumpy owd man

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in news:jeBQf.34139$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

I fail to see the connection between your experience and the fact it is a "jewish run family business" - perhaps you would explain.

Terence

Reply to
TerryW

Cut it out please ..lol

Reply to
Stuart

It was some attempt at a racist joke which wasn't very funny. Probably a complete lie too. At least he didn't say " a mate of mine" at the start. It must have been a small project for just two rolls of wallpaper.

Reply to
paul

Are you serious?

If I wanted to tell a joke I'd put you in the frame. I kid you not, twas fact not fiction. Ceiling as a matter of fact,it will take two rolls to do a Victorian terraced living room.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

He was backing his school books

Reply to
Phil L

Which is also owned by Jews BTW.

Reply to
Phil L

Eh?

Reply to
sponix

Boncentration Quamp, gedit?

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

How was it racist? Jewish people are not a different race to any other.

Reply to
dennis

It used to be owned by them before Kingfisher bought it.

Reply to
Phil L

"jewish run family business" - perhaps you would explain.

Dear moderator,

I wish to lodge a formal complaint about the inclusion of this message on uk.d-i-y - for the reason TerryW / Terence points out.

I have just finished my own DIY for today and come inside for a little relaxation - only to be confronted by this most 'unfortunate outburst'.

This was clearly intended to cause offence - and one imagines must have done so, to Jews and non-Jews alike, in an oafish and cowardly manner.

Scrutiny and moderation by others, of this contributor's messages would be appreciated in future, before posting.

Thanks,

Keith

Reply to
Keith (Dorset)

Isn't Kingfisher a public company?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Piss off you stupid bastard!!! I can't stand politically correct crap.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Dear Keith

Have you ANY idea how Usenet works? Obviously not.

There *is* no moderator.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Do all DIY wankers have silly names?

Or is it just Derby and Drivel?

;-)

Keith

Reply to
Keith (Dorset)

Bob,

No, as you suspect - but it doesn't change my message.

Cheers,

Keith

Reply to
Keith (Dorset)

An unnecessary & distasteful reference, imho.

Reply to
Steve Walker

I do now.

Reply to