Call for a moderator of REC.WOODWORK

Hey, as a hungry kid I was damn well guaranteed a place in hottest Hell every time I ate meat on Friday when there was nothing else at the public school cafeteria ... then suddenly one day it was OK, and all that childhood angst was for nought!

And to think of the countless hours we kids spent mandatorily praying those poor souls out of purgatory, not to mention the cost of lighting all those damn candles so Father Brady could smoke Cuban cigars and feed his Tennesee Walking horse alfalfa.

That's about the time I figured that organized religion being the sole guarantor of my salvation was a crock.

Reply to
Swingman

My revelation was at a church summer camp when I was about 10 years old. One of the neighborhood kids conned me into going to this week long camp. Praying morning, noon and night wasn't what got me so much as when the neighborhood kid came forward and said he found it and was reborn. I thought "Great!" as he was the rottenest little SOB around. What really turned me off was the constant pressure for the rest of the kids to do the same. Turned out being reborn didn't change him at all. That was my "crock" moment.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

So one hypocrite talking the talk but not walking the walk means that the walk is not worthwhile?

I don't think so. I know too many people whose lives were radically changed to think that.

Sorry that you had the misfortune to encounter one of the others. There are unfortunately all too many of them.

Doug Miller

If the Moderator's primary charter is to filter out the religous shit, then sure, I'm all for it.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian